Pro Wrestling Guerilla All-Star Nights 1 And 2

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by misfitz, Mar 30, 2013.

1. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Night 1 preview
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhiiBN3ke2w]PWG - Preview - All Star Weekend 9 Night One - YouTube[/ame]
    Singles Match
    1. Paul London vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Tag Team Match
    2. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Singles Match
    3. Eddie Edwards vs. Jay Lethal

Tag Team Match
    4. AR Fox & Samuray del Sol vs. Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)

Singles Match
    5. Roderick Strong vs. Trent?

Tag Team Match
    6. Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly) vs. The Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin)

Guerrilla Warfare Number One Contender Match
    7. "The Callihan Death Machine" Sami Callihan vs. "The Ultra-violent Golden Boy" Drake Younger

Night 2 Preview
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M92O2vwe1bs]PWG - Preview - All Star Weekend 9 Night Two - YouTube[/ame]
    Singles Match
    1. Jay Lethal vs. Willie Mack

Tag Team Match
    2. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

SIngles Match
    3. Paul London vs. Trent?

Six-Man Tag Team Match
    4. AR Fox & Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. Unbreakable F'N Steen Machines (Brian Cage, Michael Elgin & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen)

Singles Match
    5. TJ Perkins vs. Samuray del Sol

Singles Match
    6. Sami Callihan vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Match
    7. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Champions) vs. DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong - Challengers)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
    8. "The Panama City Playboy" Adam Cole (Champion) vs. "The Ultra-violent Golden Boy" Drake Younger (Challenger)

2. misfitz

Such a great night of wrestling I absolutely cannot wait for these to be on video and I will be buying them the moment they come out on video.

You will get to see Trent Barretta showcase his real talent that WWE buried.

Some guys you may want to watch if you dont follow the Indy scene are
    Drake Younger
    Sami Callahan
    Young Bucks(a real tag team)(Generation ME in TNA)
    TJ Perkins
    Ricochet
    Johnnny Gargano
    Samuray Del Sol

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It's a who's who of the indy scene all in one weekend. PWG throws some great shows. You get some damn good dream matches over there. AR Fox, Willie Mack and Samuray Del Sol are also doing a tour in Mexico right now too. Lots of talent on these shows. It looks like WWE and TNA are starting to focus on the talent here too. If you get a chance and like wrestling, check PWG's stuff out. They have a yearly tournament, the Battle of Los Angeles, which I think is one of those must-see events for wrestling fans each year.

4. misfitz

I have started taking a bigger interest in the Indy scene because two hours of impact is not enough wrestling for me and WWE is no longer wrestling and I still have not watched 1 minute of Raw this week and thats the first time thats happened in 2 years.

So much great wrestling out there.

5. SRW

Lots of stuff out there, ROH is finally righting their wrongs of last year too with Delirious booking instead of Jim Cornette. PWG is the indy darling right now though and for good reason. They have had some really good iPPV's of late.

6. misfitz

I am glad to hear they are back on track because when I gave ROH a shot it was really bad. PWG is on the rise and they are becoming that indy darlng. They are not there fully yet but keep doing shows like this and they could become that top 5 wrestling fed (WWE, TNA, ROH, Chikara, NJPW are the current 5 in my opinion)

7. SRW

The good thing about PWG is their promoters are happy with what they are. They don't feel the need to expand or over-reach. They do what they do and they do it well.

8. misfitz

Thats a great way of looking at it and they are slowly gaining that notoriety of being a great company and you know when you get a PWG show its going to be great. Its best to know what you are then trying to get too big too fast.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I've seen only one PWG show on dvd in my life but I've heard some great things about them. I know their champion Adam Cole had a WWE tryout a month or two ago. Anyone hear anything about that? As far as Sami Callihan goes, I know he's worked a few dark matches for WWE in the past. If the WWE doesn't sign him, they're idiots.

10. misfitz

He was actually in the TNA Gutcheck challenge before they revamped it. However because of the issues that arose that made them revamp it he told them that he no longer wanted to do it.

Yes Adam was the champion but I think Drake wins the belt from him at this event(I am not sure though)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  11. DaBearsrule4ever

Nope, Adam Cole retained against Drake Younger.

12. misfitz

yah i couldnt tell from the video but it looks like an amazing match.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

I remember seeing Drake Younger in IWA Mid-South. He was mainly used for hardcore matches there. I always knew Drake could put on a good wrestling match.