Will Ravens Find Next Ray Lewis?

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by DCoach_R, Apr 4, 2013.

1. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

With the 2013 NFL Draft only weeks away, Around the League will examine one big question facing all 32 teams. Next up: The Baltimore Ravens.

Will the Ravens find a successor to Ray Lewis?

Entering the offseason, the front office viewed a new contract for Dannell Ellerbe as their top priority. One scout told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that Ellerbe had emerged as the Ravens' best defensive player, stepping up his game when Ray Lewis went down with a torn triceps in October.

NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I think Lewis was a once in a lifetime kind of player. Just like there won't be another Rice, another Lott, another Sanders, there might not be another Lewis.

3. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

I agree with you. He is also added to the list with Mike Singletary(50), Elite Linebackers that can not be replaced with anyone else.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Plain and simple. No.

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Nope there never will be another Lewis.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea you don't just find another Ray Lewis. I don't like him, but there's never been a better linebacker. Certain players just can't be replaced or duplicated. They might find another great linebacker, but he won't be the next Ray Lewis.

7. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

Aside you being a Patriots fan, why do you not like R.L.?

8. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

love him or hate him ray lewis is one of the best inside line backers in nfl history

his stats and leadership wont be replaced by another line backer for years to come if ever

9. Steve12

I don't like what he says or the way he says it. I cant deny his on the field prowess though.

10. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

Fair enough answer, was just curious.

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I hate his voice and I hope he doesn't "try" and be a head coach any time soon...yikes!!! Been there, done that..ooooph..

12. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

Yes, he does have an annoying voice.

13. Steve12

It's not even his voice for me. I hate his cadence and dramatic delivery for absolutely everything he says. It's like everything he says is the most important thing anyone has ever said.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  14. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT. Almost everything I hate about him wrapped up in one post...almost. He should go on broadway...

15. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

He did tend to showboat and overact a bit didn't he? :p