MMA Ref Josh Rosenthal Pleads Guilty To Charges For Owning $6M Worth Of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by DontKnowMe, Apr 18, 2013.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Y! SPORTS

Well-known MMA referee Josh Rosenthal has been a part of some of the UFC's most famous bouts, including Brock Lesnar's championship win over Shane Carwin and Dan Henderson's Fight of the Year win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Now, it turns out he was also part of an illegal drug operation.

In a story that could have been the plot of the show "Weeds," Rosenthal plead guilty to charges of conspiracy to manufacture and distribute marijuana. He and an associate owned a warehouse that kept 1,356 marijuana plants with a street value of $6 million. According to MMA Junkie, he could spend more than three years in prison

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
  2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

lol 6million in weed

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah I'd really like to see how they came up with a six million dollar value for 1300 indoor plants.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

Doesnt really seem that far off.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

At 114 grams a plant (4oz), which is unrealistic for that many plants space-wise unless its an airplane hangar, and a $20 a gram street price (which a large scale grower never sees a fraction of), its still under 3 mil.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

inflation is a snitch

7. GreenFish11

GreenFish11 Special Teamer

From my understanding... the feds weigh the plants as is.. not chopped cured and dried. So a pound per plant roughly

But what would I know

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Youre right, but they just do that to make the bust look better than it is. A fresh cut plant is probably 75% water weight, and then of that 25% of non water, most of that weight is unusable stems and unsellable non-flower plant material. Its just terribly misleading and makes it look a lot worse than it actually is in the publics eyes to call it a 6 million dollar bust when in reality its more like a few hundred thousand dollars worth. Not that thats peanuts by any means but its not like the dude is some marijuana kingpin.

9. GreenFish11

At least they dont add in the dirt and pots or this guy would be sol.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

This guys gets busted meanwhile terrorist still get in this country.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

Thats what i thought too. I just hope none of this was headed to the philly area.

12. CaptainStubing

weed is a bigger problem than terrorists ........ duh?

13. GreenFish11

Why do you think terrorists do it?? Because theyre smoking the grass duh

14. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Wonder if he was selling to Dana White or to any of the fighters lol.

15. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Nick Diaz

16. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

LOL! Damn man.. Lots of knowledge being thrown around.

17. CaptainStubing

Walnuts with his crop

[​IMG]

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Thats bammer, man.