Nike Unveils New-Look Jaguars Uniform, Helmet

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by Sweets, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Nike and the Jacksonville Jaguars announced on Tuesday that the team will have new uniforms for the 2013 season, Darren Rovell of ESPN reports.

In addition to changing the font and putting a patch that says "Jags" over the heart, a tribute to Jacksonville having the third-largest military training grounds in the United States, the team also is unveiling a new logo and a new-look helmet.

"This a jaguar on the hunt," Todd Van Horne, Nike's vice president and creative director for football, said of the team's new look.

Nike is also offering players an integrated system of dress that also includes a new sock design and shoes, for those players that have Nike deals. The company says that its new apparel that goes under the uniform is lighter and stronger.

"These uniforms balance our tradition with the future" team owner Shahid Khan said in a statement. "The military-style badge on the front of the jersey speaks directly to the strong relationship we have with our hometown of Jacksonville. These new uniforms leave no doubt about our brand essence of being proud, bold and committed."

Source: The Redzone

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  2. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

I think they look sick!!

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think they look really cool but its a stupid idea to have straight black home uniform in Florida.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah, they make me want to puke as well.

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

too cartoony for my likes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Arena Ball.

7. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

I like it. New age Jersey to go with a new age of football. Could be worse...you could have that weird bee uniform the steelers have.

...and i fade back to black.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

A team not even past its 20th birthday, already in their third uniform change.

While teams like the Cowboys, Colts and Bears haven't changed theirs in decades :icon_confused:

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

This. They are shocking, the teal alternates especially. A complete whiff by Nike for me.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I dont' like Nike's attempts at redesigning anyone's uniforms...they all look gimmicky to me...

13. Steve12

You guys are all just old. I like the new school look.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

You like that helmet?!?

15. Steve12

Not the helmet as much. The gold is ugly and the black one seems bland. But I like the logo and jersey.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's one helmet...not two...

[​IMG]

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

There's only one helmet. Black in front fading to gold. As to the rest, you just have no taste.

18. Steve12

I didn't see that helmet. I actually don't hate it. Lol. Not my favorite look though.

You guys are just old school traditionalists. Like I said, I like the new school stuff.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

20. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fan-pass/0ap2000000162055/Jaguars-unveil-new-team-uniforms]Jacksonville Jaguars unveil new team uniforms - NFL Videos[/ame]