Brett Favre Thinks Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Will 'Shatter' All His Team Records

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Jun 14, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

One week after Brett Favre took responsibility for the messy way things ended with the Packers, the Favre redemption tour continued on Thursday when he took to the radio waves to praise his replacement, Aaron Rodgers.

"Aaron has played extremely well, probably even better than anyone anticipated," Favre said on Sirius XM NFL Radio, via USA Today. "But I knew he was capable of that, and that's why they drafted him. Barring any injury, he'll shatter everything I ever did there except for maybe consecutive games [played]. But the guy has been tremendous. Great move on their part."

Shattering all of Favre's Packers records could take Rodgers awhile. The ol' Gunslinger holds almost every conceivable team passing record in Green Bay from most career touchdown passes (442) to most regular-season wins (160) to most consecutive passes completed (20).

Not only does Favre think Rodgers will 'shatter' those records, but he admitted to being 'proud' of the quarterback who replaced him in Green Bay five years ago.

"I had no problem with him becoming the next quarterback for the Packers. It was bound to happen at some point," Favre said. "I have no problems with the success that he's had. In fact, I'm proud of him."

Favre also denied that he ever had a frosty relationship with Rodgers. He claims that was media driven.

"There were no problems between Aaron and I. I was well aware of the media making a big deal out of it. I knew it wasn't true; Aaron knew it wasn't true," Favre said. "Did I talk to him all the time [after leaving]? No. Do I talk to other guys all the time? No. But he knows how I feel about him, and he knows how I feel about his career up to this point."

Source: CBS Sports

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Still trying to keep his own name in the news huh....shut up Brett, who cares what YOU think about Rodgers.

3. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

So he finally says a good word about Rogers. Honestly I hate the Packers but I think Favre should have not been such a pr**k to him when he was the starter in Green Bay over Rogers. Favre needs to just fade away now that he's retired or get in the announcing booth.

4. Badger

Badger Rookie

Its kind of funny that Favre bashed Rodgers for the longest time and now he's a big Rodgers fan. It just goes to show you how desperate Favre is to keep his name in the news and get back into the good graces of Packers fans.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Please god no

6. Badger

Badger Rookie

He couldn't be any worse than Aikman or Joe Buck.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

I think he'd be funny.

8. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

I'd take Farve over Aikman and Buck. Both of them make my ears bleed. Ronde Barber is announcing for Fox this year with twinky Stockston. John Lynch has some new kid who has no connection to sports