Bengals CB Adam "Pacman" Jones Is The Real Victim In Assault Case His Attorney Says

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by DaBears22, Jun 15, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Not only is Cincinnati Bengal Adam “Pacman†Jones not guilty of punching a 34-year-old woman in the head, his attorney said in court Friday, but the football player is the real victim, Kimball Perry of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

That’s what Ed Perry, Jones’ attorney told Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Megan Shanahan at a Friday hearing in Jones’ assault case.

Jones, 29, is accused in an incident in the early morning hours of June 5 of punching Shannon Wesley in the head after she threw a drink on or at him. Jones’ agent said his professional athlete client was acting in self-defense when he struck the woman.

"She was the instigator in the act," Perry told the judge. "She actually assaulted Adam Jones."

Mary Jill Donovan, the attorney Wesley hired after the incident, was in court for Friday’s hearing to see what the judge would do to the order put in place after Jones’ arrest requiring him to stay away from Wesley.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  2. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Re: Bengals CB Adam "Pacman" Jones Is The Real Victim In Assault Case His Attorney Sa

I watched the surveillance tape. The charges against Adam "Don't Call Me Pac-Man" Jones need to be dropped, and Wesley needs to be arrested for assault.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Re: Bengals CB Adam "Pacman" Jones Is The Real Victim In Assault Case His Attorney Sa

[​IMG]

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

He could've walked away. It was a drink, no need to slap the hell out of her

5. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

She actually shoved a beer bottle in his face. Instincts just take over after that. I don't believe he actually meant to hit her

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Seen the tape and agree with you here. Can't just shove a bottle in someones face and expect to not face some kind of consequences from it. Just some drunk woman who couldn't handle her drink.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I can't see much on that vid. Did she threw a bottle or just spelled the drink at him?

9. DaBears22

Looks like she poured the beer on him. He still shouldn't have hit her. Is intentionally spilling beer on someone considered assault?

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Thanks
    If a women would pour a drink on me, I would just walk away. But hey, I'm no multi-million dollar earning pro

11. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Will Pacman Jones get the benefit of doubt from the judge given his reputation of the past?

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Just don't see how it's OK to hit a women unless she's wielding a tomahawk or gun. Put a beer bottle in his face or spilled a beer on him and she gets whacked is instinct? God help us.

13. DaBears22

I doubt it and he really shouldn't because of his past. Even if it was a man that "assaulted" him, he still clearly over-reacted imo.

Agreed.

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That's why I asked, what exaclt she did. If someone comming at me with a bottle, I would defend myself too....

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Someone is shoving a bottle in my face, I'm most likely punching and not slapping.

BTW - there's some broads out there that could kick the crap outta some dudes. (See [MENTION=521]Sweets[/MENTION] as an example. :wink:)

16. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

If you can dish it out like a man you should expect to take it like a man.

It's like a puny man going up against a big, bouncer, type guy n expecting to say whatever he wants thinking the big guy will just look at him as puny n not do anything about it. Then when the big guy reacts...it's like.."I didn't think he would do that". Well, maybe you shouldn't be in someones personal space/face talking crap to begin with. I think that's called common sense. You just don't aggravate someone bigger than you.

I honestly think she was at fault. Women now a days think they could run their mouth with no consequences. I'm not saying hit every girl that talks crap to you, I'm just saying that if you want respect...you have to show me some respect back.

Some women need to know their place.
    [​IMG]

Lol

...and I fade back to black.

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Let's guess, what will happen next....

She will sue Jones and after a little back and forth, they will agree Jones paying her nice $$$. Goldigger...

18. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I wonder if that woman did what she did to Pacman because of his past and knew how he'd react. Either way, dumb move on both sides.

19. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

The white knights are strong within this thread. She asked for it.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

pacman is a thug,but all he was doing here was defending himself. this snitch just wants to get rich by suing a wealthy celebrity.she should be sent to jail for that crap!