Dwight Howard Joining The Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Crowned, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

After 20 months of twists and turns in the Dwight Howard saga, a person with knowledge of his decision told USA TODAY Sports he will join the Houston Rockets.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because his decision had not yet been announced.

After being traded from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers in a four-team deal a year ago, Howard entered the summer unsure of what he might do because of the awful Lakers season that had unfolded.

His partnership with Kobe Bryant never went as planned, nor did his recovery from back surgery in April 2012 that hindered his play for most of the season.

The five-team race between the Rockets, Lakers, Golden State Warriors, Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks included lengthy meetings with each team in Los Angeles this week that not only would determine his final destination but also slow a free agency period that should speed up now that his decision is known.

Source: USA Today

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
  2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Not surprising. They have a young, deep team.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I still don't see them being a factor. I don't think the Harden/Howard tandem can win a championship.

4. Crowned

If they can get Josh Smith they are a huge factor.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I wonder if Harden and Howard can play nice with one another.

6. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Asik reportedly already wants out of Houston lol

7. Steve12

Come back to Chicago!

8. Crowned

They need to trade him for sure, no reason to have Asik as a backup center when you have more pressing needs.

9. RichLikeWh0a

I'm sure Houston would LOVE to give Chicago Asik back given that contract (now that they have Howard anyway).

10. RichLikeWh0a

11. Steve12

Now there's a report that Howard has "changed his mind" and is now 50/50 about joining Houston or staying with the lakers. This guy is worse than a freaking toddler. What a joke.

12. Steve12

13. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I still think Howard is the most hated person in the NBA even over LeBron.

14. RichLikeWh0a

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg]Benny Hill Theme - YouTube[/ame]

15. Steve12

I hate Wade more than anyone else. I don't really hate Lebron, I just hate how he handles his crap. And I don't hate Howard, I just think he's a joke. He's literally like a giant toddler.

16. RichLikeWh0a

From the LA Lakers Facebook Page:

"The following statement has been issued by Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

"We have been informed of Dwight's decision to not return to the Lakers. Naturally we're disappointed. However, we will now move forward in a different direction with the future of the franchise and, as always, will do our best to build the best team possible, one our great lakers fans will be proud to support. To Dwight, we thank him for his time and consideration, and for his efforts with us last season. We wish him the best of luck on the remainder of his NBA career."

17. Crowned

fine

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  18. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

The Lakers should just tell him to piss off. I don't like the Lakers at all but man if somebody was playing it this way with my team, I would be hot under the collar.

Dwight needs grow the heck up and grow some damn balls. You let it out that you are Houston bound and leak comments about the Lakers coach and your teammates then you are like, oh crap I could make more money by staying! Shouldn't your dumb butt have factored that into the equation before you made your "decision"? Really? LOL

The Indecision has definitely been way more comical than The Decision.

19. Crowned

Only Dwight...

20. RichLikeWh0a