Saints QB Drew Brees Amazed At Reaction To His Tip On A Takeout Order

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by DaBears22, Aug 1, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Drew Brees says he's amazed his $3 tip on a $74 takeout order last month has become a talking point on national television and the Internet, Katherine Terrell of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

Brees relayed the story Thursday afternoon while chatting with reporters after practice, a few weeks after a report said he tipped $3 on a $74 bill at a San Diego-area eatery earlier that month. Brees said he was picking up food for the family and tipped a few dollars, the same practice he'd done his entire life.

"In case anyone still cares about this report: I tipped $3 on a takeout order. Had we sat down it would have been 20%+," he tweeted Tuesday.

Brees was shocked when he heard the receipt had been posted on TheDirty.com under the headline: "New Orleans Saints Quarterback Drew Brees Is A Cheap Bastard."

Brees said he found it funny the story contained a statement from the restaurant manager confirming it was a takeout order, while the headline didn't say that at all.

Source: The Redzone

[​IMG]

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I never tip for takeout

Sent from my HTC Vivid

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

why would you tip on take out?

sit down or delivery....sure obviously

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Only three dollars? Cheap bastard..

5. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

the freaking things that become news these days makes me want to put a bullet in my rod sometimes.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed. With what he's making, you'd think he could afford a lot more than three dollars.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

If I'm doing take-out, I usually will put a dollar or two in the tip jar, but my orders aren't normally $74 either.

8. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

So..because he makes more he should automatically tip more, or he should be criticized? A takeout order .. shouldn't need a tip. Do you tip the servers at McDonald's?

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

McDonald's has servers? News to me.

10. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

People that make you food. Servers. What the hell ever. Do you tip them? Do you tip any other take out place? Doubtful. Throwing a dollar or two into a tip jar now and then is one thing. But, seriously.

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Does Brees even know the pain & suffering it takes to ring up an order?

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I've never once tipped on a carry out. He's supposed to drop $100 just because he can? Screw that. Lazy greedy bastards just trying to milk the fortunate for easy money.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Screw tipping on Takeout and those idiots that posted the receipt just lost a customer who spent $74.00 on takeout...

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Tipping on takeout orders? You americans and your crazy traditions...

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Can I pull the trigger? OMG, let it go already...just because you make a crap load of $$$ doesn't mean you need to give it away to people you don't know.

It was $3.00 so freaking what...take-out doesn't require a tip, CASE CLOSED ...

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

it's not a tradition(crazy or otherwise) to tip on take-out...I don't know anyone who tips on take-out.

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i usually tip on a take out order but it's not at 20%. just a couple of bucks usually.

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

So Drews Brees has to everyone he comes in contact with more then $3. He has to give $10 tips to cashiers, bank tellers, stock boys, receptionists?

19. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

i feel like he should give $50 to twitter qbs who offer him advice.

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I hate tipping at bars when your sitting at the bar and they expect a tip for every drink they pour. All your doing is pulling a handle and handing me a beer. I still tip because they will purposely ignore you if you don't but its annoying. Tipping is a lot less common in Europe we have dumb traditions.