WWE Summerslam

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by TheDuke, Jul 18, 2013.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

[​IMG]

Sunday, August 18, 2013
    Staples Center
    Los Angeles, California

WWE Championship
    John Cena(c) vs. Daniel Bryan

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

cm punk v lesnar official

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'm liking the card so far.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Me too.

5. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Updated Card:

John Cena (c) vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Christian for the World Heavyweight Championship

Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow

Kane vs. Bray Wyatt in an Inferno match

6. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

anyone watching SS tonight?

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I'm watching. It's one of the 'Big 4' for WWE, and it's a good card. I just hope the McMahon BS doesn't totally screw the Bryan/Cena match up.

8. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

youtube preshows coming on soon. rvd v ambrose might be a good one

the rest of the card seems good, ive been looking forward to the main event matches.

i think i have a good idea whos going to win i just have no idea how and what story is coming next

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Whoever wins it won't be cleanly.

10. SRW

I could see a clean win for Bryan, then some McMahon BS will lead to Orton cashing it and stealing Bryan's big win.

11. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

at this point as long as cena doesnt win clean im cool with anything else

12. SRW

Punk vs Lesnar was just changed to a No DQ match. I think it gives Punk more of a chance to pull it off.

13. Crowned

I think you're safe then. Cena won't win clean.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

RVD is a "dark match?"

15. SRW

Yep, and the finish was a setup for the Big Show/Henry vs Rollins/Reigns match later on tonight. RVD is just there to make the young guys look good, he's not the guy he was a decade ago.

16. SRW

Wow, anyone watching Del Rio vs Christian? Brutal, physical match. Christian at one point ran head first into a dropkick. Sick.

17. SRW

Some recaps (SPOILER ALERT!):

8/18 Powell's WWE SummerSlam results and review: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship with Triple H as special referee, Brock Lesnar vs. C.M. Punk, Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian for the World Hvt. Championship

Rob Van Dam defeated Dean Ambrose by DQ in 13:45.

Powell's POV: A good match with a disappointing finish. The streak of babyfaces going over in the free preview continues, though this one wasn't exactly a crowd pleasing finish. It keeps the feud going between Ambrose and RVD, as well as the tag champs and Big Show and Mark Henry.

Bray Wyatt defeated Kane in 7:50.

Powell's POV: It's hard to say whether the fire distracted from the clunkiness or caused it. The gimmick is just as corny as it was in the past. Fortunately, they killed it for five more years by covering up the burner with a blanket. All signs now point to Kane becoming a brainwashed member of the Wyatt Family.

Cody Rhodes pinned Damien Sandow in 6:40.

Powell's POV: Wow, a television length match and a clean pin for the clean shaven Cody. The mustache was fun, but he needed to ditch it now that he's a babyface. This led to Jake Barnett immediately asking whether this is a sign of Sandow cashing in later tonight. Hmmm.

8/18 Shore's WWE SummerSlam results and review: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship with Triple H as special referee, Brock Lesnar vs. C.M. Punk, Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian for the World Hvt. Championship

Alberto Del Rio retained the World Heavyweight Championship at 12:29.

Post-match, Del Rio cut a promo about being the Latino hero that his people needed…

Shore's Slant Yeah buddy. That was the match I was hoping we were going to get. There's not a lot to analyze here as this was really a placeholder match, but man, oh man, was it well wrestled.

Natalya defeated Brie Bella at 5:18.

Shore's Slant Meh. An OK match but it never captured my attention. The wrong person also won. I don't know why you put Natty over here when her story is still being told on Total Divas, but I really couldn't possibly care less. Wake when WWE cares about the Divas.

Lesnar vs Punk now, another physical match so far. Punk is really getting thrown around by Lesnar so far.

18. Crowned

Decent match so far, a little sloppy on Cena's part. Here's to hoping Bryan wins clean.

19. SRW

8/18 Powell's WWE SummerSlam results and review: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship with Triple H as special referee, Brock Lesnar vs. C.M. Punk, Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian for the World Hvt. Championship

Brock Lesnar defeated C.M. Punk in a No DQ match in 25:15.

Powell's POV: A phenomenal match with some awesome near falls. It's exactly what it should have been with Punk coming so close to beating Brock only to have Lesnar go over in the end. Punk loses absolutely nothing and WWE gains a rematch that should be in high demand once the time is right. Likewise, Lesnar looked like an absolute beast despite selling as much as he did for Punk. This was easily the best match of the night and Lesnar's strongest showing since his return match with John Cena.

8/18 Shore's WWE SummerSlam results and review: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship with Triple H as special referee, Brock Lesnar vs. C.M. Punk, Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian for the World Hvt. Championship

Brock Lesnar defeated CM Punk at 25:14.

Shore's Slant Holy crap was the good. An unbelievable match that told a great story and had the perfect ending. Punk's obsession with Heyman is what cost him in the end, and that's what makes for a good tragedy, when the hero's obsession costs him. Match of the year thus far folks. No question.

Holy crap, the Punk/Lesnar fight was simply great. Go out of your way to check it out.

20. Crowned

and he does.. awesome.