WWE Summerslam

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by TheDuke, Jul 18, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Oh, in case anyone cared...

8/18 Powell's WWE SummerSlam results and review: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship with Triple H as special referee, Brock Lesnar vs. C.M. Punk, Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian for the World Hvt. Championship

Dolph Ziggler and A.J. Lee defeated Big E Langston and A.J. Lee in 6:45.

Powell's POV: The highlight of the match actually occurred afterward when Ziggler had to lead Kaitlyn through the moment where they bowed down and raised their arms together. She looked completely lost. The match was certainly better than your average buffer match.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Shades of the Evolution stable.

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

That is a glorious heel turn. Orton/HHH heat will be nuclear tomorrow night!

4. SRW

Called that crap. Great show, great match at the end.

8/18 Powell's WWE SummerSlam results and review: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship with Triple H as special referee, Brock Lesnar vs. C.M. Punk, Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian for the World Hvt. Championship

Daniel Bryan pinned John Cena in 26:55 to win the WWE Championship.

Randy Orton cashed in his Money in the Bank and pinned Daniel Bryan to win the WWE Championship.

Powell's POV: First off, the main event was excellent. The co-main events exceeded the hype. If you read my preview, then you know I am not a fan of Bryan winning the championship and losing it that quickly. I would much rather have seen Orton interfere before there was a finish to the WWE Championship match, as it would have saved the moment of Bryan winning the WWE Championship for the first time for when it could have stuck.

Again, though, this was a hell of a pay-per-view thanks to the two big matches both exceeding my high expectations.

8/18 Shore's WWE SummerSlam results and review: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship with Triple H as special referee, Brock Lesnar vs. C.M. Punk, Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian for the World Hvt. Championship

Shore's Slant: All of that said, what a great match before that. Those of you who say Cena can't wrestle, seriously, go f--- yourselves. I realize he was in there with possibly the best in the world in-ring guy but it takes two to tango, and Cena consistently delivers in these big spots with just about everybody. He'll never make my "top wrestlers" list, but the guy can hang with anybody. I still think Punk vs. Lesnar was better, but I enjoyed the story they told here more.

5. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Results:

Pre-Show: Rob Van Dam defeated WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose by disqualification when Roman Reigns slid in and hit the spear to cause the DQ

Bray Wyatt defeated Kane in a Ring Of Fire match

Cody Rhodes defeated Damien Sandow

Alberto Del Rio [c] defeated Christian by submission to retain the World Heavyweight Title

Natalya def. Brie Bella via submission

Brock Lesnar defeated CM Punk in a no-disqualification match following an F5 on a chair.

Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn defetaed Big E Langston and AJ Lee

Daniel Bryan defeated john Cena [c] for the WWE Championship with Triple H as special guest referee

Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan [c] for the WWE Championship with Triple H as special guest referee

For detailed results, go here

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Corporate stable coming back?

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i had some fun wit\h this ppv, good show

8. SRW

One of the better PPV's they had with three matches that made the night. RVD vs Ambrose was a good opener, then Del Rio & Christian put on a show. Lesnar vs Punk might have been better than the main event, but not by much.

WWE now has Bryan in a good spot, the babyface chasing the champ. I am looking forward to the Bryan/Orton program.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Granted I saw Orton cashing in IF Daniel Bryan won and Triple H turning heel coming from a mile away, I really enjoyed this ppv.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Not a fan of the MITB angle. Just seems to me like a too easy way to win a title belt.

11. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i really enjoyed the ppv

broc punk was a great match
    the main event played out well, cena even put on a good match wrestling wise

12. andy82

Cena was fantastic last night. Of course he still has that sloppy look to his moves, but the guy has proven numerous times he can go when it counts and he put it all out there.

13. andy82

Agreed. I think one MITB is more than enough, and comes off more as a tool for lazy booking than to freshen things up.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Don't know if anyone has seen this, but it looks like Cena suffered a torn tricep in Summerslam, and will be out 4-6 months.

Y! SPORTS