Mike McCarthy Says Jermichael Finley Having 'Clear Cut' Best Packers' Camp

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Aug 21, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Packers tight end Jermichael Finley is having a great training camp by all accounts. The head coach, offensive coordinator, his position coach and Aaron Rodgers are all heaping praise on Finley, Mike Vandermause of the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports.

"He’s having his finest training camp, I think it’s clear-cut,â€￾ said Packers coach Mike McCarthy on Tuesday following practice.

Offensive coordinator Tom Clements took it a step further and said Finley’s improved performance started long before training camp.

“It’s not just this camp, the whole spring,â€￾ Clements said. “He’s been outstanding. He’s been working hard. I think he’s improved his blocking tremendously. He’s become a more detailed route runner. He’s finishing plays.â€￾

“It showed up in the game,â€￾ Clements said. “He caught some short routes and got big gains off of them. He’s practicing well and he’s playing well.â€￾

Finley said he put on 10 pounds since last season. The increased bulk and strength has made him a better blocker.

“We’re asking him to do the dirty work again that he wasn’t asked to do as much the last two years and I think he’s doing a good job of it,â€￾ McCarthy said.

“I think a guy like Jermichael Finley’s had an excellent camp,â€￾ said Rodgers last week. “It’s fun to watch him make some of the plays that he wasn’t making three or four years ago as far as being able to read a defense quickly and diagnosis it and get into his route. He’s been very consistent for us.â€￾

Source: The Redzone

2. Badger

Badger Rookie

Lets just hope he can catch the ball once the regular season starts.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Starting to drop passes against the Bears would be great because he catches everything against the Bears.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

STOP TROLLING THIS PACKERS THREAD YOU BUTTHOLE BEARS FAN.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

I DIDN'T ASK FOR OPINIONS FROM THE PEANUT GALLARY, ESPECIALLY THE god **mn 49ERS GALLARY.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Even if he catches 80 balls this year, pay him and see what happens next season. Bet it's not good.

7. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

:laughy32:

You may have seen this, DaBears, but if not, this explains Walnuts post:
    http://gridironfans.com/forums/green-bay-packers/230375-packer-wrs-jordy-nelson-randall-cobb-return-practice.html

On topic, I hate to see Finley getting his act together. I thought the Pack should have cut him before when he was screwing up & being a loud mouth to boot.

Not a good sign to us Bear fans...

8. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Rookie

I know what you mean. I was ready to kick him to the curb, but then, just like all things getting ready to get kicked to the curb, he does something that makes you hold your foot just a little longer.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, I saw it...BUT, I thought this was about Jermichael Finlay and Not Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson.

10. Badger

Badger Rookie

Hopefully Finely can contribute and be the player that he was hyped up to be at the start. The more weapons the better.
    I dont even want to imagine how good the offense could be if Nelson, Jones, Finley and Cobb are all playing their best and if Lacy can get 2-3 yards per carry. Now just imagine if Clay gets back to being Clay.