Arcade Now Open!

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, May 18, 2007.

1. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

yeah, that's what i've been doing, and then when i hit enter it just stays like that. i hit it again and then it says "you've already used that word" and i still have no score for that round

2. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

dunno. past the first round, it always got too difficult for me. I couldn't think of any words that fit the criteria, so I just gave up. Haven't tested whether it works past the first.

3. yisman

destroyed pinch hitter high score, got error, but it submitted anyway.

wow. what a game. I had 74,000 and it halved on the last AB because some bastard caught my fly ball.

4. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Wow... Impressive. :eek:

5. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

that seems to always happen on the last ball.

6. yisman

I just got 20,000+ in a few games, but 40,000 is going to be tough to get to.

7. yisman

I've had some amazing runs. it's just they eventually catch my line drives.

Just started a game by getting to 44,000 without recording a single out or non-homer. 9 or 10 straight homers to open. then a hard-hit liner to center that was caught, a few hits, a few more homers, another ball caught, and I finished around 17,000. I wish there was a way to just submit when I hit these insane scores.

8. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I know how you feel, I started trying to hit with direction just to make sure they didn't catch them.

I started a tourney if you want to get in it.

9. yisman

yeah, I also direct it. I just can't pull the ball consistently. only do it occasionally. I hit it mostly straight away, and can hit it to right when I want to.

10. yisman

doubleC, nastynate, fez, and retrodan are holding up current tourneys. still waiting on them in ac and asteroids

11. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Same here, I never go yard when pulling the ball.

12. RaiderHater

RaiderHater Guest

I just joined the tournament.. I didn't even know you could do tournaments in the arcade... [smilie=cool.gif]

13. yisman

I started Asteroids and Mahjongg tournaments soon after the arcade opened. :D

14. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

BTW, I fixed the template so when people see the scrolling championships in their mini-profiles they won't be cut off like they were doing sometimes. Let me know if anyone still has problems with this.

15. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

arcade is great like having the tournaments

16. Stockers

Stockers Duck Fuke

Typical, completely lost my touch in the baseball game in time for the tournament. Hope you enjoyed the bye afjay. :D

17. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Fez,
    Did you forget you were registered in the Advanced Curveball Tournament?
    We're waiting for you, man.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Just FYI...the actual Pacman record is 82,000+...I got that SQL error again and it didn't save it...and I'm really pissed off because no one will ever know :(

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

^^I think I figured it out. It sometimes it doesn't save my scores at work because I don't save my session there, and I guess it times out or something. I have no problems at home. So...from now on, I'll only play Pacman at home (although it's harder at the office because I have to turn the sound off, and I rely on the sound to know when the ghosts go back to normal...that's a biger challenge :mrgreen:)

20. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I was reading up on this and it does have something to do with sessions. I am looking to see what can be done about it.