Browns RB Trent Richardson Traded To Indianapolis Colts For 2014 First Round Pick

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by andy82, Sep 18, 2013.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Not oft injured? How many games has he missed, and wasn't he hurt in the offseason too? And the Colts line is horrible and teams won't have to put 8-9 in the box, 7 is enough.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He played 15 games last year.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Wtf is going on here? I need to golook around and find out what the story is.

When they used such a high pick on a running back, i said it was stupid. Maybe their new regime agrees and is just trying to get something back.

4. CaptainStubing

Eh, Richardson will do a little better in indy in a better offense but lets not get crazy here.

Dude is not a.p.

I like the deal for the browns. Wasting the #3 pick on a running back like Richardson was really dumb and was one of the reasons many people got fired.

The browns got the better of this deal, especially considering the colts are not as good as people think and this will most likely be a mid round pick.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I agree with all of this

Haven't been participating in this thread because I'm on damage control, trying to explain "why" to about a dozen friends and my dad to keep them from jumping off tall buildings.

It won't last, but my dad ha a knee jerk reaction and said he's a Colts fan now after 50 years. Lots of people are pissed at what ultimately is hard to swallow, but not a terrible decision. Until you have the right quarterback, nothing else matters.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I can only imagine how pissed Browns fans are right now.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He played hurt through most of the season. My thing is guys like Richardson and Ingram get over hyped because they played behind a college line that featured 3 player to get drafted already and two more that will be. That's unheard of in college.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

A guy I work with is a browns fan. Has Ohio tattooed on his arm, thinks he's an expert because he watches a lot of sportscenter. He already jumped ship, said he's now a bears fan.

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The jury is out on whether the Browns did the right thing or not. But this was done to correct yet another mistake by the Browns organization in trying to assemble a winner. As a Cardinals supporter I feel for Browns fans because every year it's the same story....1 step forward, two steps back and it never changes. If the Browns can obtain a true franchise QB, much like Kurt Warner, a lot of problems are solved immediately.

10. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I think if you say Trent Richardson was traded for a franchise QB in the 2014 draft + ? it resonates better. Regardless of where they finish in the standings they have the draft pick ammunition to at the very least secure Hundley, Mariota, Boyd, etc.(Bridegwater imo the unquestioned #1 pick). If they select one of these QB's, a stud outwide opposite Gordon, and find a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round range or in free agency i'd say they are at least on the same trajectory as they were with T-Rich and probably further. They have a legit defense, the offensive line is top 10 imo, they have pieces in Gordon and Cameron but until you have that cornerstone at QB your stuck.

11. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

A lot of the focus is on the Browns making a mistake at drafting a RB that early in the 1st round, but the Colts are giving them a 1st rounder for him, but they're off the hook?

12. Badger

Badger Rookie

Only the Browns would think they can get better by trading away their best player.

13. CaptainStubing

that's my point and why i say the browns got the better of this deal.

the browns are basically saving some face by at least getting something back (i think it will be a mid-rounder) for a colossal mistake. And now it is Indy's mistake (although spending a mid-round 1st on a Richardson isn't as bad as the #3 overall). A guy like Richardson isn't worth a mid-round 1st either though.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

if they plan on using maghee like they planned on using Richardson this year,somebody has major concussion problems on the browns coaching staff. the browns are getting a number 1 pick,but that pick will be like the 26th pick of round 1,which to me is just flat out ignorant.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The uproar over this trade reminds me of when the Cowboys traded Herschel Walker back in the day. The great majority of people thought the Cowboys were crazy for trading him. Time would prove that the Cowboys WERE crazy. Crazy like a fox.:icon_smile:

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Colts pick will probably land between 18-25. It's not a great deal for the Browns...IMO. What value did they get out of it? Not great value. If they want a QB, their pick is going to get them that QB. The Colts pick will get them a back bit will they replace talent with talent at RB? I wouldn't have done the deal if I were the Browns.

It's a great deal for the Colts. If anything, Richardson will help the Colts push that first round pick down. It's not gonna be hard for him to go into Indy and run the ball. He'll be able to contribute and is a young guy that can run the ball for the future of the Colts...something they've been missing. Probably won't find a back that good at their spot in 2014. Maybe...

If I'm the Colts now, I'm looking to trade Donald Brown for a 5 or 6.

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

They traded Joe Haden?

18. Badger

Badger Rookie

The Browns aren't the Cowboys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

The people inside of the nfc east did not say that cause most of us knew jimmy Johnson would reload with all the draft picks the vikes so stupidly traded away. if jerry jones had any sense,he would have kept jimmy johnson and won around 4 or 5 super bowls instead of two with jimmy and 1 with dumbass .

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  20. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Maybe Richardson gets better, but the Colts OL gets pushed around so not sure there. Dependent on what they do with their draft next year, they might have made the right decision here. Get value while they still can. Take advantage of the Colts RB situation and desperation to fix it.