Browns RB Trent Richardson Traded To Indianapolis Colts For 2014 First Round Pick

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by andy82, Sep 18, 2013.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

That # 1 pick gets them Bridgewater. Worth losing a talented but injury prone RB and getting another first round pick.

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Only Time and luck will tell.

3. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

That number one from Indy will get them another RB. The Browns pick will get them a QB. Thats unless they win some games and lose the 1st pick. Then they might package the two for the 1st. But trading Richardson and naming Hoyer starter tells me they want to lose. Campbell may not be the best QB but he is better then Hoyer ever will be. Just my 3 cents.

4. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Once again Cleveland shows just why they are always stuck near the bottom of the league. Let be honest Richardson was pretty much the only player the Browns had on offence. So now in going to the Colts who actually have a passing attack I think he help give them an extra dimension. As for Cleveland wanting a QB! They could have traded up to number 2 and taken RG3 last year but no they said we take Richardson and Grandpa Weeden instead.

5. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Lets just hope that the browns use those draft pick wisely

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Browns have Gordon coming back and all we've heard up until this trade was lets see how the Browns do when Gordon comes back...Weeden will get help when Gordon gets back...but looks like It was all bullcrap.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Its obvious there Is a wide variance of opinions about how good Richardson is.

If you think he is elite, then you think the colts raped the browns.

If you think he is just a decent rb, then the browns did well to save face and it is now the colts over paying for him.

We will see how it plays out

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Richardson hasn't proved to be elite yet...however, he was playing in Cleveland where he was pretty much all they had on offense. If they got a decent WR, drafted a QB in 2014, with Richardson and Cameron, they might have had a productive offense. Now they are starting from scratch...again.

Like you said Captain...time will tell if they got value/talent for talent with this trade.

As of now, I think the Colts got the better of this deal...but really you have to wait and see what the Browns do with the picks.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

If they get the franchise QB they need, that's all that matters. It's the only position that's nonnegotiable.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

But did they really need to trade Richardson to get that through the draft?

There are some Steelers fans out there that would be willing to trade Ben for two 2014 first round picks...lol.

11. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Maybe, maybe not. Sure they could get a potential franchise QB with whatever pick they would already have, but I gather that its about being prepared and able to get whomever they determine to be THE guy, not A guy who has potential to be the guy. They think they can evaluate that, and if they deem it's Teddy who could go #1, they want the option to be able to get him. That's my analysis of their approach with this.

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

elite is thrown around too much, but i do think hes great and is going to explode in indy

13. CaptainStubing

he will be about as effective as ballard, brown, and bradshaw have been in their running game. he will pile up some yards, if he doesn't get hurt, because they are now going to use him a lot since they gave up so much for him, but I just don't see him being anything special and don't see him being much more effective than what they had.

14. K Train

Ballard and Brown are painfully average runners and Bradshaw is a guy i like but hes no trent.

The browns have a putrid passing game (trent is an awesome receiver, he'll put up good reception numbers in Indy) but the passing game in general will benefit him greatly. It will be like shooting him out of a cannon rather than bottling him up for 3 yard gains over and over and over again.

Saying he will be about as effective as ballard is just insulting. ballard was a guy, just a guy. Im glad trent is out of the north, not that the browns were much to be afraid of in the first place

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I liken Richardson to a bigger Marshawn Lynch. Physical back with diverse skill set

I think that's his upside. Not quite elite, but a top 5 runner in a good situation

Sent from my HTC Vivid

16. CaptainStubing

well, bradshaw is apparently not going to play at all tomorrow due to an injury so t-rich needs to step up. Last week, bradshaw carried the load and it was obvious richardson was still feeling his way in the new offense. he was very tentative. he's going to need to step it up quickly now.

17. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

That was his problem in Cleveland though too, and Indy's line isn't as good. I understand the point about benefitting from a passing game that takes off pressure, but I've said for a while now he waits too much f things to develop and doesn't hit the hole well. He's not a quick guy but he likes to dance a bit, and needs a few steps to get momentum going anyway.

18. CaptainStubing

i don't disagree with any of this but he looked even more tentative than normal last week. i expect he will be able to be a little more productive as he gets more comfortable with the new offense and new blockers.

however, i still wholeheartedly disagree with KTrain that Richardson is suddenly going to become some elite back in Indy. Like you say, he lacks too much of what he is needed to accomplish that.

19. CaptainStubing

i'd like to hear your opinion of trent's first couple of games in indy since you are very high on him.

from my vantage point, in trent's first game, bradshaw looked like the #3 overall pick and trent looked like a scrub.

in trent's second game, with bradshaw hurt, trent struggled to get past the line of scrimmage all day against one of the worst front 7's in the league.

do you feel this is just an anomaly or maybe trent is just not comfortable with his blockers yet? will it be next year before things click for him with the new team or will the trent explosion still happen this season?

20. K Train

I think its still getting him comfortable. Its a work in progress for sure with a not so good at run blocking oline. I think he will come on strong as the season progresses. Theres a lot of young talent on their oline, its going to take some time.

Bradshaw was running like a man possessed out there, but bradshaw also knew the plays much better (i assume)

I never really said elite, actually i said elite is used too loosely...theres one elite runner in the league and there has been only 2 in the last 7-8 years....peterson and tomlinson....i was never even on the chris johnson wagon before cj2k became cj2ypc

The colts are going to be a scary team for the foreseeable future, need some work on the oline and the have been working actively on the defense. I think one big game will do trent wonders though