Post Any Site Bugs Here

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

[MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] Did you get this one? The other post I edited it until I got it to work (first few tries it didn't work because I left a space when there shouldn't have been) so that may have been why you didn't get an alert.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Nope. Nothing. Just checked my profile to see if I had them disabled, and I don't, so it must be the short username thing...

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So, I wonder if manually entering the user number and name with mention tags works at all, other than to provide a clickable link to the user profile? None of the ones I did with changed usernames seemed to work in the Ragmans Angry Yelling Thread, I would have expected a response from a couple of them at least, lol. Lets see...

Testes, testes 1 2 3 - [mention=1533]PrimantisAddict[/mention]

...and now the normal way - [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION]

Did it work?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I got one notification. Try it the real way in one post and then the "manual" way in a second post. You might be right ...

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[mention=1533]IsaacRedmanLover[/mention]

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION]

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

No.

Yes.

Only one notification. So I think you are correct in that the "manual" mention, really doesn't work...

[MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION].

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So what exactly is the issue? The short names or trying to use the mention with something other than someone's username?

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

[MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] ... manually entering the mention does send a notification nor does changing the name attached to the mention. Where we thought that if we entered the mention manually, it was notifying members, it actually isn't.

10. SRW

nor?

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think that should have been "doesnt send the notification", not does. Not like it's a big deal, but It'd be nice to be able to manually enter the TJ's and Omens and have them work.

12. SRW

They do have the option to choose a larger screenname, being that they are staff members.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yes...should be doesn't...

14. SRW

testing...
    [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=555]Omen[/MENTION]

15. SRW

I think the problem is solved. I had to set the minimum username length from 5 to 2, then update the user name table in the site's database.

It should work for [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] and other now.

16. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

So little bug fixes like this are done when you're gone?

17. SRW

I'm not abandoning the site 100%. Plus I can't just leave and leave bugs that I know need fixing. That's just not cool.

Damn you heckers....I can't even give you guys up 100%. :icon_frown: :bong:

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yes!! I got this alert

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

19. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I figured it had to be something like this. Now we can all annoy [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] with mentions. :icon_cheesygrin:

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I don't think that [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] would appreciate that very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.