WR Brandon Marshall To Wear Green Shoes In Bears game

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The color change is in support of Mental Illness Awareness Week. Marshall was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder in 2011 and has been a vocal advocate for awareness.

"I'm going to get fined and I'm going to match that, and we want to partner with a cancer-care (charity)," Marshall said, per ESPN Chicago. "We're still working on the details to give, really give back to an organization that is doing work in the mental health area. (Also), the diagnosis of breast cancer can hit families hard. It affects all of us."

Source: NFL.com

Sweets's Take: Anyway to get attention is the way to go Brandon...lol hmmm, maybe now Jay can see him better...anything to garner more passes right Brandon??

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Thought I read somewhere that the NFL said he wouldn't be allowed on the field with them on, not just a fine...

Great, anything to help Brandon's imminent meltdown. :tsk:

Am kinda pissed at the short sightedness of the NFL however for creating this kind of crap. Showcasing breast cancer is great but if you showcase 1, why not others?

Or was their thinking that breast cancer is more important cuz the majority of fans love tits?

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

They should just have an "AWARENESS Month" where the team or players can choose which disease, etc., they showcase even one disease a week, but then the NFL would harp on the fact that ALL the teams aren't in unison...never ending circle of stupidity.

4. Tarkus

Amen...

The minute they allowed players to be a billboard for anything, great cause or not, it opened Pandora's box.

Plenty of ways to promote than using the players & creating conflicts. Color me jaded but I'll never believe the NFL's one for virtuous endeavors. There's always a 'catch' & a benefit...

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The NFL did indeed say they weren't going to allow Marshall on the field with those lime green shoes but changed their tune probably when they found out that Marshall is doing this for a good cause.

6. Tarkus

That makes sense cuz all I thought at the time was there was going to a NFL PR Dept. position open when the crap hit the fan from refusing it.

Better to just ratchet up the fine...

7. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Green shoes with the Bears uniform? St Paddy's day was a looong time ago buddy.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Marshall probably has the check written right now.