Post Any Site Bugs Here

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

[MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] needs to catch up with the rest of us.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All right, all right!! I'm here!! Sorry for the delay...I was trying to update this tapatalk crap but I had a few problems...anyway, what's up? :D

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2 now Free

3. Steve12

[MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] welcome to the world of meaningless notifications.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Now that this may have been resolved, I briefly considered changing back to @127 but decided against it. I don't want [MENTION=777]Walnuts[/MENTION] confused as to whether I'm using my username or my age.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

That shouldn't be an issue if you want to go to 127 or just Mark. Lemme know.

6. markaz

Thanks for the offer, [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION], but I'll just leave it as is for now. If I do change it I will probably opt for MarkMark. For Walnuts benefit, that's what a hairlipped dog sounds like.

One other thing, and not really a site bug, but didn't there used to be a Outside the Lines button on the Skysa Navbar? Seems like it got replaced with one of the Facebook or Twitter buttons, but I could be wrong. I just keep going down there to click on it. :dunno:

7. SRW

Ok, here's the update, and a rundown.

[​IMG]

1. Site Links Menu - Menu links to some new posts, your user CP and more.
    2. Submit News - takes you to the forms page where you can choose what type of news to post.
    3. Link to Football Discussion forums
    4. Link to NFL Writer's Block
    5. Link to NCAA forums
    6. Link to Other Sports forums
    7. Link to Outside the lines forums
    8. Share the page you are on to Facebook
    9. Like GridironFans.com on Facebook
    10. Tweet the page you are on to Twitter
    11. Follow us on Twitter
    12. Chat room for logged in members
    13. Instant message for logged in members
    14. Back to top of page button
    15. Maximize/minimize toolbar

The toolbar is not available on the mobile skins or tapatalk.

8. markaz

Thanks Steve. Interesting , but Other Sports was the last button on my Nav Bar before the Facebook Share button, but now OTL has reappeared. Maybe it was just temporarily mislabeled? :dunno: Just glad it "back" and functional.

Thanks, Steve.

9. SRW

No, it was missing. I was tinkering with it last night and edited the toolbar some.

10. markaz

If you're able to track usage of same and no-one is using it besides me, then by all means leave it out if the space can be used for more popular links. Just sayin'.

11. Steve12

[MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] this isn't a bug, but I wanted to say I freaking love the new layout of the homepage. I like the stats at the top, I like the division news things. I really think it looks great. Whoever came up with that did a really good job.

12. SRW

Glad you like it. Now all we need is members to help post news and post blogs. Moving mountains has been easier.

13. Steve12

Not sure if that's passive aggressive or just aggressive, but I got it.

14. SRW

Nothing directed at you, hell...at least you are planning on blogging when you can. What I meant was the tools are there people, the staff just needs some help. Sites like this depend on the members contributing, it's the core of what keeps a forum active. I think the biggest problem is that for years I created a culture where content was spoon-fed to the members. They came here and it was served up on a platter. So members got used to the content just being here. Now, we are trying to make it so this site features it's members....be it with a blog or a news post with their 'takes'. It gives people a platform to voice their opinions. Problem is.....how do you change that culture?

Wow, that was a novela.....hats off to my connection for some good stuff.

Anyway, I had that setup for the frontpage ready to go for months (I think I even linked to it in the staff forum) but just never got around to adding it to the site. I am not sure if that's the final design (still need to add rss bits and what not), but it's something that can feature the content. Again though, how do we change the culture? I guess that's a discussion for another thread.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

[MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] - does look great!!

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I like the new layout but I've been noticing a HUGE slowdown when opening the front page since the change, occasionally like I'm back on dialup AOL slowdown. All good once Ive navigated past it, but Ive gotten pretty frustrated at times lately, waiting for it to load up the links so I CAN navigate past it. I suspect its the big "latest articles" slideshow, and specifically when the first picture in the article is a GIF. I don't have the fastest broadband out here in the sticks, but I would think it should be more than adequate. I have no problem streaming movies or games, my download speeds for tor***ts are always legit, all my plugins, hoozima whatnots, and fiddledey dees are up to date and functional so I'm at a loss. It's not really a big deal, It's no threat to my health or well-being, a minor annoyance at worst...just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems or suggestions for a fix.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

It definitely is a little slower for me as well and my internet is pretty fast.

18. SRW

News block had a MAJOR impact on site load time. He's a PageSpeed test now without it for the site:

[​IMG]

Oh well, looks like that feature won't fly, at least not like that.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ooooooo yeah, mucho mas better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.