Two Offers For Browns WR Josh Gordon

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by markaz, Oct 22, 2013.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

At least three teams have contacted the Browns about a deal for receiver Josh Gordon, and two have standing offers of a high pick and a player, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

"It’s been weeks now I’ve been hearing about it,'' Gordon said after Sunday's 31-13 loss to the Packers. "If it's going to happen, it's going to happen.''

Source: The Redzone

markaz's Take: And who is this good for?

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I read a rumor that SF may have offered a pick and LMJ. Seems to be quite a high price to pay for a guy who is one mistake away from missing a significant amount of time. I don't think it would be wise to do that. Doesn't seem to be Baalke's style either, but you never know these days

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Gordons a rare talent at WR and well worth the risk involved, IMO. He'd add the one, huge (figuratively and literally) thing that we are lacking on this offense, in a big downfield threat at receiver.

We've got more picks than we can realistically use in the upcoming draft, and a bad track record of drafting wideouts, I'd much rather they use some of them them on a proven talent that can step in and produce immediately, than draft an unknown commodity and potentially go through the whole AJ Jenkins process again. Risks be damned. I like LMJ a lot but he's really being wasted here at the moment and became super expendable once Lattimore fell into our laps, if we can use him to get Gordon it'd benefit everyone involved.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Lattimore instead please

Still don't want it to happen but we'll see. He's a really good player, but that suspension hanging out there is awful. He's a young guy and his career could be over if he freaking sneezes in the wrong way.

Ideal scenario, he stays in Cleveland, we draft a QB and have a decent offense and he doesn't get suspended. I really don't know what they're going to do

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

James would seem to fit the RB mold they're looking for, so I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland showed some interest.

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Good points that are hard to argue, and I have thought this through. My concern is that with Manningham and Crab coming back within a few weeks, who gets the axe? Harper's already gone. We just got Baldwin (though he hasn't done much). If LMJ goes, then KWill is the best option at punt returner. I know Cox can return, but he's more of a KR than PR. And if Hunter gets injured, then we're looking at using Lattimore right away to spell Gore, which I'd love to see him out there but not sure he's ready.