Miami Dolphin Veterans Support Richie Incognito

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Lddbck, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

"I never thought it was a death threat," Dolphins receiver Brian Hartline said. "I never thought he was actually going to do the things he said. If you can't take validity from one part of the voice mail, how do you take validity from the whole voice mail? You can't pick and choose what parts count and which parts don't count."

Source: ESPN.com

Lddbck's Take: Wonder who else is in support of Incognito? All the players named in the article are white. I sure would like to hear from the black players on the team.

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Canta remember what player they said

"Incognito is more black than Martin"

Believe it was one of the line man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I believe several black players shave shown support for Incognito.

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I hate stupid bullcrap like this

5. Omen

Goes to show their mindset

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

This story is going to spin more bullcrap than a presidential race.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Saying "I'll Kill You" whether you're joking or not is as good as a death threat.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, apparently then, i should be in jail about 1000 times over because i can't even count how many times i have joked around and said, "i'll kill you" or "i'll straight up murder your ass" or some other sort of 'threat' when freaking around with friends.

go ahead and call the cops i suppose. good luck finding any of my friends to press charges though, because, fortunately, they are all normal human beings and not politically correct weak pussies.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Some take it as a joke, some don't. To get me to back off, you would have to pull a loaded gun up to my head.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Joking amongst friends is one thing, calling a coworker, no matter your business, and leaving that crapty voicemail is another matter entirely. Racial matters aside, and say whatever you like about Martin being a whiny cat, he still has the right like the rest of us non-pussies to not be harassed like that while trying to do his job.

I don't buy into any of the arguments about him being weak so it's his fault, or that the NFL's culture somehow exempts teams from workplace regulations that apply everywhere.

11. CaptainStubing

to 'back off' ? what are we doing at that point? arguing? screaming at each other? punching each other?

that's not what i'm talking about. i'm talking about when joking around with FRIENDS and they say something smartass and I respond with "oh, man, i will kill you if you do that" or something to that effect. it's obviously said in jest and part of the banter.

obviously, if i'm having an argument with someone, i don't throw out 'i will kill you' because then it's said in anger and might be taken seriously.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

My whole point is Jonathan Martin backed off from the whole entire situation. He was obviously too afraid to do anything to Incognito. Do I think Martin should have stood up for himself? Without a doubt but it is what it is.

13. CaptainStubing

As more and more people are getting more info on this story and listening to the voice mails, I'm hearing a lot more people supporting Richie on this thing and questioning where Martin is mentally.

14. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This. It's beginning to kinda turn from incognito being a massive pr**k to Martin not being able to handle what all other players go through.

15. CaptainStubing

If you have a chance, listen to the "horrid" voice mail that everyone is up in arms about..... I have left many voice mails like that in my life to friends. To me, it doesn't sound full of hatred at all.

16. Omen

The NFL is not a normal workplace I don't care how ya try and paint it it isn't like my job or your job. Case in point. How many times to you shower with your coworkers on a weekly basis.

17. Omen

I also read that Martin at first was laughing at the voicemails. He thought they were funny