Post Week 13 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by LitesOut13, Dec 5, 2013.

1. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

So it looks as if we are back?? Lets hope so. In that case, here comes another edition of my wildly accurate mock draft...

1. Houston Texans- Jadeveon Clowney, DE South Carolina
    My take is this: If Kubiak sticks around, there is no way he takes a QB to try and build around. He will want a guy that can help them win immediately.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars- Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville
    Jags catch a break and snag the top QB in the draft. A guy that can come in a start over their current QBs and be their guy for the future.

3. St Louis Rams(via Was)- Jake Matthews, OL Texas A&M
    The Rams are the benefactor of a Redskins never ending slide. They get a top pick and can land the top offensive lineman in the draft to help keep Bradford on his feet.

4. Atlanta Falcons- Anthony Barr, LB UCLA
    The Falcons need help on defense and offensive line. I expect them to take the best available at one of those positions. In this case its Barr who some people view as the top defender in this draft.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- CJ Mosley, LB Alabama
    I believe their QB question has been answered as Glennon has looked solid in his rookie season. I believe they could go offensive line here but im sticking with a stud LB for them to help an already solid defense.

6. Minnesota Vikings- Brett Hundley, QB UCLA
    Vikings have many needs on both sides of the ball. But finding your franchise QB is priority number 1. They should have that in Hundley who is a big QB that can make all the throws asked of him while also having the athleticism to get out and run when needed.

7. Cleveland Browns- Derek Carr, QB Fresno State
    At first I thought the Browns may wait to grab a QB later this round. That was until Mariota decided to stay in school and Mettenberger went down. The Browns will jump on Carr if he is available here.

8. Oakland Raiders- Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M
    Had other QBs stayed in this draft, this pick would have changed for me. But since the QB class is thinning out, the Raiders will jump the gun and grab their QB early.

9. Buffalo Bills- Khalil Mack, LB Buffalo
    The Bills defense has looked much better thus far, but they still need help. Mack's all around game will be huge for the Bills defense to take the next step forward.

10. Pittsburgh Steelers- Taylor Lewan, OL Michigan
    The Steelers offensive line has been horrible this year as they are bottom 3 in rushing yards and yards per attempt as well as giving up the 7th most sacks this year. Lewan will add help to both aspects and can help turn this offense around.

11. New York Jets- Sammy Watkins, WR Clemson
    This pick is tough. Rex has been big on drafting defense with his top pick so if he sticks around, this may change. But for now I have them adding a solid WR to finally give Geno some help.

12. Tennessee Titans- Louis Nix III, DT Notre Dame
    The Titans have made improvements on defense but their run defense could still use some help. Nix can help solidify their front seven for years to come.

13. San Diego Chargers- Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma State
    A big corner who can play the coverage but also help in the run game. Gilbert should add a piece the Chargers have missed for a while now and help move that defense in the right direction.

14. New York Giants- Cyrus Kouandjio, OL Alabama
    Its no secret where the Giants need to improve. Not giving Eli enough time in the pocket has been a major problem. Adding Kouandjio will improve that immediately.

15. St Louis Rams- HaHa Clinton-Dix, S Alabama
    The Rams biggest need is possibly at safety. Adding HCD gives them a dynamic playmaker and the hands down best safety in this draft.

16. Green Bay Packers- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB Oregon
    There isnt much that separates the top 4 CBs in this draft so expect the Packers to take the best available here. Ifo is an all around corner who isnt afraid to come up and play the run as well as being a good cover corner.

17. Chicago Bears- Ra’Shede Hageman, DT Minnesota
    The Bears defense has been a shell of what they once were. Their main hole is stopping the run. Hageman would be a solid pick here to help fill that role.

18. Miami Dolphins- Cameron Erving, OL Florida State
    No shock here right?? Dolphins lose 2 offensive linemen mid season and it shows. They need major help in that area.

19. Philadelphia Eagles- Jason Verrett, CB TCU
    The Eagles defense has made improvements as the season has gone on. But they could still use a solid cover corner. Verrett can be that guy.

20. Arizona Cardinals- Antonio Richardson, OL Tennessee
    The Cardinals major issue for years has been their offensive line. Add Richardson and Womack(first round pick from last year) and this line can make major improvements.

21. Baltimore Ravens- Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
    The Ravens have really missed having Boldin along side Smith. Drafting Evans should help fill that void.

22. Detroit Lions- Darqueze Dennard, CB Michigan State
    The Lions need help in their secondary in a big way. Adding Dennard gives them an aggressive, physical corner than can play man to man.

23. Dallas Cowboys- Cyril Richardson, OL Baylor
    The Cowboys need to add some more pieces to their offensive line. Richardson is a guy that can play both the tackle and gaurd positions and should give Romo the time he needs to run this offense.

24. Cincinnati Bengals- Marcus Roberson, CB Florida
    The Bengals are pretty solid all around, especially on defense. I see them looking to add depth with this pick and a guy that can take over for their aging CBs.

25. Cleveland Browns- Cedric Ogbuehi, OT Texas A&M
    The Browns finally have their QB of the future, now time to protect him. The Browns have given up the second most sacks this season and are 5th worst in rushing. This pick should improve all of that.

26. San Francisco 49ers- Bradley Roby, CB Ohio State
    The 49ers have searched for help at CB for a while now. Adding Roby means they finally get a solid cover corner that can give their front seven some time to work upfront.

27. Kansas City Chiefs- Marqise Lee, WR USC
    The Chiefs are in need of another offensive weapon. Adding Lee would go nicely with Bowe on the other side and Charles in the backfield.

28. New England Patriots- Stephon Tuitt, DE Notre Dame
    The Patriots love players that can press into the backfield as well as stop the run. Tuitt is a player that can play inside or out and will be a great addition alongside Wilfork.

29. Carolina Panthers- Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt
    The Panthers have needed a playmaking WR next to Smith for a very long time. They should finally get that with this pick here.

30. New Orleans Saints- Trent Murphy, LB/DE Stanford
    Saints look to add a solid LB here. Murphy has good instincts and is solid stopping the run or rushing the passer.

31. Denver Broncos- Will Sutton, DT Arizona State
    The Broncos need some help on the defensive line. Sutton is a guy that can stop the run, disrupt the backfield, and also occupy lineman.

32. Seattle Seahawks- Kelvin Benjamin, WR Florida State
    With all their issues at CB, the Seahawks could go that route. But for now I think they add a big, tall, play making WR for Wilson to throw to.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
  2. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Re: Post Week 13 Mcok Draft

cowboys still aren't drafting ol in the first, just saying.

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Nice lightsout.. But the Saints O Line has taken too many losses, they will draft O line in 1st, and 2nd round then look for speed at WR in 3rd and RB in 4th unless they can deal Ingram.. just my two cents =)

4. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I think the Cards will draft a QB. 1st round or 2nd. I actually think Manziel might be a good fit

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

i still say manziel is a bust.

6. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I agree, but you know someone will draft him

7. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I think they do so in the 2nd. Especially if a guy like Richardson is available to them in the 1st.

I dislike Manziel quite a bit. I dont think Arians takes that chance on him at all

8. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I could see them going offensive line in the first for sure. If I had to guess what they do it would be DE/LB 1st, OL in 2nd, RB 3rd, WR 4th

9. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

**Disclaimer

This will change drastically after last nights game and todays news of Kubiak being fired. There is, now, no doubt in my mind that the Texans go with a QB which should have a domino effect

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed. who though ? bridgewater ? hundley ? or maybe trade down a couple picks and take a chance on miller ?

11. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

You mean Braxton Miller?? No way.

New coach will come in and want to get his guy. I think it will be Bridgewater

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

Issue is they need to protect whoever the qb is.

13. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Their offensive line has generally been pretty good. Problem is they have gotten away from being a power run game and using play action. Now they throw and run here n there. Defenses dont fear their run like they used to.

If they get Bridgewater then feed Foster like they used to, they should be fine

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Again, watkins would be a slam dunk over lewan

15. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

You think too much about the flash of getting Watkins. Everyone wants a skill player for their favorite team and hates the thought of getting a boring offensive lineman but then every year it happens in abundance.

The Steelers needs are OL, Safety, CB, then maybe LB. WR if pretty far down on the list of needs.

16. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

considering they're about to lose one of their starting receivers more than likely? lol

17. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would take Sutton over an OL at this point. They have there cornerstones in Smith and Frederick (who is grading out in the top 10 for Centers his rookie year) and the line as a whole has played pretty well this year. They do need to starting quality talent in the interior and RT, but they aren't in need of a day 1 starter

Hatcher is mostly gone. Hayden has been nothing more then a JAG and Crawford could be a very good DT, but he. Has never played there and is coming of a season where he was IRed in TC

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

If we are picking at that spot, I think Jernigan can be considered as well