You Can Have Four Players From The Past Two Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

to build an expansion team around

2 players from the first round

2 players from the following rounds

Go!

2. Jihad Joe

Round 1: Andrew Luck, QB. Hard not to pick Wilson here, but its a marathon and not a sprint. Long term Luck will be the best QB to come out of the last two years, and has done alot to turn around an Indy franchise

Round 1: Dontari Poe, NT. Rapidly developing DT has turned into almost the perfect NT. He came into the NFL as an immovable run stuffer who's overall game ( pass rush in particular) was incredibly raw. This season he has developed into one of the most well rounded NT's in the NFL

Round 2 : Cordy Glenn, LT. The second best OG prospect in 2013 has surprised everyone and turned into a Pro Bowl quality LT.

Round 2: Kiko Alonso: Playmaker at ILB, excellent pass defender. Not as good VS the run, but with Poe in the middle he'll look much better

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

GOOD QUESTION.

I can't review the drafts right now, but I look forward to answering this one later.

4. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

Fletcher Cox
    Alec Ogletree
    Alfred Morris
    Nick Foles

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

QB (1st) - I'd also take Luck. I think Luck/Wilson in one of these spots is kind of a no-brainer, just depends on what you're looking for from the position. I also feel like Luck offers more upside long-term.

DT/DE (1st) Sheldon Richardson - Poe's a monster but Richardson is looking very strong and offers a little more scheme versatility IMO

WR (2nd) Alshon Jeffery - The kind of speed/size/hands beast every quarterback dreams of throwing to. Quickly becoming the biggest threat in a WR corps that already had one of the biggest threats in the league, and would be sick with Luck.

WR (3rd) Keenan Allen - Because I'm greedy when it comes to WR's like these guys and because heck defense anyway.

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

1st Rounders

1. Andrew Luck - I struggled between Luck and Wilson, but Luck won out for his greater potential and carrying of a pretty lackluster Colts squad to respectability. Wilson is a cog in the Seahawk juggernaut and in the situation of building a team around a franchise QB, I'm not sure if Wilson is great...or great because of the system (Rich man's Alex Smith if you will).

2. DE/OLB Chandler Jones - The choice here was Jones and Kalil, with Jones turning into a menace in pass rushing, something all defences need if they stand any chance of stopping the pass in the league. Simply, Jones won out because of 2nd Rounder Cordy Glenn's emergence as a top LT and the lack of pass rushing amongst the lower rounds (Unless I have missed somebody big?)

2nd Round+

1. OT Cordy Glenn - Turned into a tank at LT and provides great value from the second rounder. Not to mention keeping our new franchise QB Andrew Luck upright.

2. WR Josh Gordon - Bending the rules a bit to get him seeing as he was a Supp Draftee that counted for a 2012 2nd Rounder. I understand he's a bit of a johnny come lately but he has shown he can simply destroy defences even with the most lackluster of QB's this league could provide. Got all the physical tools that make him a complete mismatch on the edge as well. Alshon Jeffrey was a consideration but loses out a little dude to having Brandon Marshall starting opposite him and receiving most of the defensive heat. Imagine what Gordon could do with Luck chucking the pigskin to him?!

7. andy82

Never would have expected any of those names popping up.

8. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Andrew Luck
    Luke Kuechly
    Kiko Alonso
    Tyrann Mathieu

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

this needs more attention

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

1st Round: Luck, Poe
    2nd Round+: Glenn, Allen

IMO when building a team, the importance of position goes: QB, LT, Pass Rush...after that, I take Allen because he's one of the more explosive play makers there.

11. Jihad Joe

WR'S are big time keys to building a franchise. Much more then 15 years ago

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree ... I'd argue that it was more important than the RBs nowadays. I still feel my top-3 positions are accurate though when building a franchise IMO.

13. Jihad Joe

Id have to say I agree, we have 3 of the same players lol

Some good pass rushers in the last two drafts, but no Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn or JJ Watts I would have taken over Poe. Poe is like if Shaun Rogers played balls out ever snap and had a good attitude.

WR's I have a hard time picking between Keenan Allen and Josh Gordon. Michael Floyd is really staring to come on as well

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I didn't count Gordon because he was a supplemental pick. I think I would tend to pick him over Allen, but I do like what Allen has been doing lately in San Diego.

15. Jihad Joe

Glenn makes one of the non first rounders easy. I actually think I would rather have him over Kalil regardless of draft position

16. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Andrew Luck
    Eric Fisher
    Jon Bostic
    Alshon Jeffrey

17. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Round 1's
    Andrew Luck
    Matt Kalil

Later Rounds
    Bobby Wagner
    IF we can use Josh Gordon then yes. If not I am going with a homer pick. Alfred Morris

18. andy82

In the modern NFL, RB's would be a wasted choice in this format...probably only a couple of steps above of Kickers and Punters tbh.