Server Migration - Your Voice Is Needed

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Kurt, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

There's just too much white, some contrast would make it better and if you can change the pink to the GIF red you're using on top.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can make the background where the text is a little more gray and which pink are you talking about? It probably has to be a light color because of the text color...

3. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also there's pink in the quote box "86Ward said" and the border of the page numbers and when you hover them they turn pink. Probably some other areas as well.

@86WARD

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I know this might be piling on, but when I click "new posts" and the list comes up, is there a way to make the avatar next to it the last person that replied? Right now it shows the avatar of whoever started the thread.

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Not sure what the admin tools are but that should be possible but it might require server access to do it. Also forgot to mention if you can just the Forum pictures on the index page that looks like quote bubbles to something like it was before.

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Just a head's up for any users who might be having issues with the site being slower than the old site. One thing to keep in mind is that your browser might have the old images from the former site in it's cache. Log in, give it a spin and in time the cache files needed to load this place quicker will be saved locally in your cache.

86WARD likes this.
  7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I darkened those Pink boxes up and made them more red...better? I also darkened the text area as well...

Steve12 and BoltzRule like this.
  8. SRW

I so DON'T miss the skin editing. Props to whomever is going to be working on that.

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Much better.

86WARD likes this.
  10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

what browser do you use @SteveRobWhatever ? If you use FF firebug helps quite a bit when editing things like the skin.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't see a way to do it in here Admin-wise. There is an add-on you can get that will do that for us. @FantasyKnucklehead may have to add that on...

Steve12 likes this.
  12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Thanks for cfreaking that out ward.

And yea the red looks waaaay better.

13. SRW

Crap, XenForo is not that far removed from vBulletin. It's by people who worked on vBulletin before splitting off for whatever reason. They have modifications that can easily be added to enhance a site. Things to consider when installing modifications:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/template-modifications.32/
    http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/code-modifications.33/

Some of those modifications can be as easy as uploading one file to the site's backend. Others might involve some editing of the site's default templates or adding files to the server/editing files on the server. You want to make sure any modifications you do download are supported in case a security hack is ever cracked. Plus there are people who can custom code stuff on the site. We used to use CarlitoBrigante, which actually was a collection of coders we used to use to bring in when hired help was required for coding. The thing that I love about them is they are reliable, they deliver on what you ask. They also have advised on do/don'ts for modifications, coding and more.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Where is this button?

15. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

@ragman its the little film strip buttom

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Got it. Thank you!

17. Kurt

@86WARD @Steve12 @BoltzRule
    this grey is god awful.. the text tends to blend and it hurts my old weak eyes. If our website doesn't appeal to the masses we won't be able to grow as much as we would like. white space appeases the masses

so let's compromise - I'm about to make some changes in the middle of what 86WaRD has done (thanks bro) and hopefully y'all will like.

Thanks

18. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

leave the dark color scheme alone please and thanks

19. Kurt

@Mike Im only updating what guest see.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

@Kurt There is a white theme. We can make that the default...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.