Is Tony Romo really losing games in December and January?

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Omen, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

The #hotsportstake has been a part of the sportswriting landscape since Ring Lardner first jabbed a piece of paper into a typewriter, and despite the reams of statistical analysis and mounds of game tape we have on hand in the modern era, weird narratives still persist. One of the more popular farces in recent years is the idea that Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is some sort of epic choker when the games matter most. Alleged “experts” will point to his win-loss record in November and December as anecdotal evidence that Romo will never get over that hump — that he will never have the kind of “clutch winner gene” that defines the greatest of the game.

Source http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/10/tony-romo-december-january-dallas-cowboys/

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Lol. Yea he's on a crapty team with crapty owners and a crapty defense. But they're not controlling his arm when he throws stupid interceptions at the end of games. I honestly am baffled that cowboys fans continue to stick up for this guy.

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

in order to lose games in january, you have to play games in january.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

At some point it's simply Romo making a bone-headed play in crunch time. It's what he does.

mj1987us26 and Steve12 like this.
  5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[​IMG]

Agent Zero, mj1987us26 and SRW like this.
  6. Harryaxel

Harryaxel Rookie

You know he wouldn't be put into situations to make bad plays if the play calling even made a little sense.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

So, I imagine the Romo debate will continue this week ad nauseum. Any defense of Romo after today will just be seen as an excuse.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

True. But when he is put into those situations, he should know better than to do the stupid crap he does. He didn't need to force the throws he did tonight. He's been in the league long enough to know better than to make rookie mistakes.

Walnuts likes this.
  9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

And c'mon....deservedly so. I don't want to hear the excuse that it's not his fault for being put in that position by something else. At the end of the day it's Romo and the decisions he makes with the football. When it's crunch time his frenetic nature gets the best of him and his panic ends up killing the team. You can't even feel safe spotting him a 10-point cushion with under two minutes.

Steve12 likes this.
  10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think dez's early exit will draw more interest than romo's pick will.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the 2 late int's by romo were not 'flukes' with a bad tip or something like that. they were bad decisions and bad throws. that is entirely, 100% on romo's shoulders.

Steve12 likes this.
  12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

cowboys got a new playcaller.they are waiting on his south african passport.
    [​IMG]

ollysj likes this.
  13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I love it. I hope Jerry makes excuses for him as well. I love the guy.

14. ragman

15. ragman

Especially read the final paragraph in the article.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Know folks will get pissed at me,but romo is not the whole problem here,especially in sunday's game.they were killing GB running the ball,so why stop running the ball? Romo throws picks at the wrong time,but if they would have stayed true to the game plan and kept running the ball,this game would have been a 1 sided blowout. I hate dallas,but give the guy some credit cause he is just doing what the coach tells him to,and the guys he is playing against are pro players too.those two picks were great plays.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

romo made the choice to pass on the last INT. that was supposed to be a run play.

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

The first int was supposed to be a run. The second int Romo and Cole weren't on the same page.

Just like I just heard on the radio. A good coach would have called a run play that you can not audible out of. Instead it's a option play where depending on coverage you run or throw.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

so garret was dumb to trust romo doing the right thing ?

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Bullcrap. A good quarterback wouldn't have audibled out of a run play at a time in the game when you need to run and eat clock, don't put it on the coach. If someone's driving down the road, turns left blindly into oncoming traffic and gets demolished by a semi, you don't blame the guy who made the road for giving them the option to turn left. You blame the idiot freaking driver who should have known better than to turn in fron of a semi.

There's no excusing that play, it was incredibly freaking dumb and 100% on Romo.

Steve12 likes this.