Server Migration - Your Voice Is Needed

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Kurt, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I've kept the GIF-Theme as the default, which is where you had it Ward. I made it not so Grey and will run the colors by a buddy of mine that is freaking the guru when it comes to website colors, conversions etc - my main goal is to have a very easy to read site for GUEST and then they can sign up and make the colors what ever the F they want =)

86WARD likes this.
  2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

@Kurt Hey it's your site man do whatever you want. Lol. I'll be able to cope with whatever.

3. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

The new look to the forums looks pretty cool to me so far. Do your thing my good man and thanks for saving my beloved Gridironfans.com. I know I'm not on the forums much but honestly I do get most of my breaking NFL news/headlines on GIF.com because I know I'll get the most up-to-date information from the users. :exchange:

Kurt likes this.
  4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sounds good @Kurt!! I personally like the white

5. Kurt

This looks decent to me, and hopefully most of you. Specially thanks @86WARD for making all those color themes. And @Steve12 and @BoltzRule and everyone else for the feedback, advice and opinions that have and will continue to make this place great!

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd like to eventually do some theme's based on team colors as well...

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Couple things I'm noticing about the darker theme...

The first line of text under the logo is kinda difficult to read. "Home, Forums, Members, Username, Inbox, Alerts." Not a real big deal though.

When in the new posts screen... the text that shows when the post was posted is the same color as the background. Same for the page numbers if a thread has multiple pages.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Should be fixed.

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I remember back in the old days we could make our own themes.

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Not a big deal to me. Not really a fan of the peach color but you pay the bills so you can make it purple and neon green if you want.

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

@Kurt's right though. White space is needed. The star is the text, the comments from the members and the new topics.

86WARD likes this.
  12. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

the default white is too white. there needs to be something to offset it, even if its boarders around the post.

my two cents.

13. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I agree with this. I have no problem with white, but too much white can be just as straining on the eyes as anything else. IMO you need contrast to bring focus to the text.

14. Kurt

wish I could make everyone happy but that going to be impossible!

15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

@Kurt I demand happiness dammit!!

Seriously though like I said it's your forum you run it however you want, just giving my opinion.

Kurt likes this.
  16. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I think the idea is to keep it clean and simple, all about people's opinions. Now the site just needs people to give their opinions. C'mon people, don't be stingy!

17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I understand that, I do think you can keep it clean and simple but still make some tweaks. I've been messing around with css on my end just to see what kind of changes I could do (basically the dark version I posted the other day) when I finish that I'll look at doing a clean/simple version. I don't want to be critical and not at least provide possible solutions if I can.

The one thing I'd change with the default version is change the color of the dashed line separating the post from the sig to black/some other color instead of white so it can be visible (the line is visible in the dark version but not on the white version).

18. Kurt

19. Kurt

@BoltzRule @86WARD man I screwed it up now!! Black dotted line under post but then header links and post reply button became legible..

LebaneseFF likes this.
  20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I believe they are connected. I would just put it back to white.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.