2013 WC - No. 6 New Orleans Saints at No. 3 Philadelphia Eagles, Sat. 8 p.m. ET (NBC)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by 86WARD, Dec 29, 2013.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. 6 New Orleans at No. 3 Philadelphia, 8 p.m. ET (NBC)​

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The Eagles defensive line has to step up a lot more than they did tonight to stand a chance.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah, you give Brees the pocket Orton so often had and it's probably not going to go exactly the same.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Of all of the teams that made the postseason for the NFC, The Saints are the one that I would want to play first especially with them being on the road. Drew Brees is a great quarterback no matter what, but this is the best scenario for Philadelphia. Play like they have shown with the home crowd behind them and let the Saints play the way they have been all year on the road and we should walk away with the win.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Most of your losses were at home.

Aussie61 likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I don't see the Eagles winning this one.. sorry Eagles fans. Here's why:

1. the Saints are due a road win.. and switch to blue gator aid is going to be the difference on the road...
    2. Eagles defense won't stop the Saints from scoring, period
    3. Eagles offense can't keep up with the Saints

caveat - EAGLES should be able to run the ball.. if they can keep it close and run the ball well they stand a chance.. duh.. Im so smart.. also, the deep ball will help Eagles as Saints are lacking safety smarts with Vaccaro out.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

old news. they are 4-0 at home since the giants game outscoring their opponents 136-68.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Redskins, Cards, Lions and Bears...color me impressed.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

i really could give two craps if you're impressed. the eagles went 7-1 in the second half of the season and who they beat doesnt really mean rod right now.

vegas has the game pretty much as a pick-em which to me makes sense. the game could go either way.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Even if we didn't win the last four at home, you think it'd be better playing the Saints in their dome as opposed to in the Linc?

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

going to be interesting parking wise at the stadium where we tailgate thanks to disney on ice.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think the saints get beat by 10.Saints do not play worth crap away from home,add the crazy insane surroundings for opponents in philly,and bad weather,sounds like a disaster for the saints saturday night.

13. Kurt

weather could hurt the Saints, but I expect the same challenge for Philly.. both offenses are dynamic and can put up points.. just the Saints have a BETTER defense and a more experienced staff and roster.

This game shouldn't be close.. Saints win by 10 or more easy.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

the saints are a pass first offense and brees is brutal in cold outside games.

the eagles are a run first offense that is used to the climate and has proven the weather doesnt affect them whatsoever.

if the saints turn the ball over the eagles cruise. if they don't i think the saints might find a way to win the game but it will be close.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Hard to bet against Drew Brees ever, really. Clearly he is a better player in the dome, but it's impossible to look past how good he is. We'll have to come up with a hell of a gameplan to stop him.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

no doubt. hopefully davis comes up with a plan to get pressure on brees and knock him around some.

17. Kurt

Man this is gonna be a great game period.. and 41 degrees isn't that damn cold, Drew will we fine so long as the ball isn't wet.

AND IF the Saints would run Ingram down their throat he would prove to be a game changer... dude has been making some seriously good plays the last 4 or 5 weeks.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

"Billy Davis" and "a plan" have never gone, and will never go, together.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

41 ? the high for saturday is 29 during the day. gonna be in the teens come gametime.

bigsexyy81 likes this.
  20. Kurt

that anit crap, have you ever been in 40 degree weather with 80 percent humidity, thats New Orleans.. they will be fine. Couple extra dropped balls but that won't stop the Saints man.. your Eagles are about to get shot down son!