2013 WC - No. 6 New Orleans Saints at No. 3 Philadelphia Eagles, Sat. 8 p.m. ET (NBC)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by 86WARD, Dec 29, 2013.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

How does NO weather affect a football game ?

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Im saying that they can handle the feeling of cold.. 20 in philly is like 40 in New Orleans. So long as the football isn't wet Drew will be fine. I expect the Saints to run a deal more too.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

When is it ever 40 in the Superdome?

bigsexyy81 likes this.
  4. smeags

smeags militant geek

Its not 40 in the super dome.

Edit. Yeah what walnuts said.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Thank you for spelling it out for him.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Has there ever been an NFL playoff game where both starting QBs went to the same HS? Both Brees and Foles went to Austin Westlake.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Except to stop the run, amirite?

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yup. Pressure up the middle seems to disrupt Brees the most. Not exactly something we excel at.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

True. Gonna be a tough battle for the eagles but the defense minus the vikes game hasnt been giving up a lot of points.

10. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I'm giving this one to the Eagles.Although the Saints D is much improved from last year,their achilles heel is stopping the run.Shady should have a nice day.
    The Saints road record is not great,and losing in week 15 to the Rams is not something a playoff caliber team should do.Philly is playing well this past 8 weeks and seem to have things figured out,although they need a better pass rush than we saw Sunday night.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

All the factors in this game make for a good battle. The saints to me are the better team but thats not always a guarantee for victory.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Saints are a better team however, the Eagles are playing better ball right now and they're at home, outdoors, in the elements.

Aussie61 likes this.
  13. smeags

smeags militant geek

the linc is going to be insane saturday night. only issue will be parking for some people (like our tailgate) because of disney on ice.

no matter there will be plenty of jumbalaya, po boys and gumbo being served.

14. Kurt

Wait a freaking minute.. when was the last time you attended the Dome in December? Me? Every dam year! It might not be 40 inside but it's still cold as hell before game time and they have an outdoor practice facility too. To say that cold weather is an issue, for a team you only read/hear about is shortsighted. Drew was a winner at Purdue, it's pretty freaking cold there too. And don't give me that Saints cant win on the road bullcrap. Saints have played the better team on the road, up until now.

You Eagles fans have no clue.. your team is inexperienced and lacks a defense to go with that offense. You barley beat the Cowboy backup QB to get here... Be proud that you made it to the playoffs with a rookie QB and a college head coach.

15. Kurt

damn... silence.. no more smack? This game is starting to feel like an Atlanta game to me.. really wanting it now.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

you keep daggering yourself with this stance on the saints road record. so now practicing in 40 degrees is the same as playing an "NFL" game in extremely cold conditions on the road in a hostile enviroment ? lol

btw its not just about the cold with the saints it's being on the road in general. plus tell me, how the jets and rams were the better teams ?

that defense has played much better since their bye and has held several top offenses in check scoring wise which is what matters.

17. Kurt

umm... crap... I'll get back to you

Saints won't be complacent against a good team..

and just for reference.. 20 degrees in Philly "feels" about the same as 40 in New Orleans.. hard to explain but if you ever experience it you can't deny it, high humidity chills you to the bone.

18. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

IF this game was in the Superdome, the Eagles would get spanked. Seeing that it's not, I actually like the Eagles chances in this game.

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

a lot of people are bringing up the saints 'road' woes in the regular season as the reason they will lose this game. not sure i'm buying that, especially considering, if we are buying that theory, the eagles aren't great at home.

I think, more importantly, the Saints are the underdogs in this game and could possibly get beaten soundly for 2 reasons:

1) Brees historically plays worse in weather below 40 degrees. It's supposed to be in the 20's for this game.
    2) The Saints front 7 is not exactly a tough run defense. McCoy and Brown could run all over them.

Kurt likes this.
  20. smeags

smeags militant geek

so the temps

so you arent buying the the saints' road woes as a reason they can lose this game and yet your first point outlines just that ?? cause where else do they play in temps below 40 but on the road ?