Peyton Manning's passing record under review by NFL, could be nixed

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by 86WARD, Dec 31, 2013.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Peyton Manning's single-season yardage record might be getting a second glance. The Broncos quarterback was pulled from Sunday's rout of Oakland at halftime, immediately after he broke Drew Brees' record.

With just more than a minute left in the first quarter, Manning completed what was ruled at the time to be a 7-yard pass to Eric Decker.

Upon reflection, though, the pass appears from certain camera angles like a lateral. It wouldn't count toward the record if the NFL were to rule it as such. Manning would finish the year with 5,470 yards, 6 short of Brees' mark

Looks like a lateral.. what do you think?

[​IMG]

Source: Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Remember me?

"*"

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Pretty clearly a lateral, but I think they should look the other way this time. It's not like he couldn't have done it anyway if he wanted to.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

archie will rip goodell's nuts off.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

While it should be nixed by rule, I hope they don't because he would have achieved it had he not thought the record was already his.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Or they should've at least figured it ou during the game so he could've played a series in the second half and crushed the record...

7. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

The NFL looks the other way on this to promote a record breaking season to help their 'product' & they should be boiled in oil for all the piddly crap they pull to make revenue from players.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Like baseball,if they miss it during the game it should count! stupid as hell to rule it out two days when the damn game is over!

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I would agree if it changed the result of the play. That wouldn't be the case here though.

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

This has always been the way where plays are reviewed after the fact. The blame, if you want to call it that, is on the staff/Manning for cutting it so close to allow this to even happen.