Cowboys Finalize 2014 Draft Order And Opponents

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Omen, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

IRVING, Texas – With their 2013 finish decided, the Cowboys finalized their 2014 draft position and opposition on Monday afternoon. Sunday night’s 24-22 loss to Philadelphia dropped the Cowboys t...

Source: Continue reading...

2. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Pretty much were the average teams are located.

3. Omen

They better pick up some defensive help.

If JJ picks any TEs I'm gonna freak

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I'm hoping for Jernigan or Will Sutton

5. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Hope in one hand and crap in another. Jones will find a way to heck this draft up. I have lost all faith in Jerry fixing this franchise. It looks like Jerry is totally ok with mediocrity. As long as the games are close and the fans have something to hang onto he is happy. His recent radio interview proves that.
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim...o-Be-8-8/a227dd54-78a5-47ad-9537-b518cd5b7886

Screw this guy.. Jerry has taken a franchise that is full of history and glory and ran it into a mediocre hole. /rant

Aussie61 and Steve12 like this.
  6. Jihad Joe

Like he hecked the last draft up

7. Agent Zero

TE in the second when we needed DL.. Yeah. Screwed it up. :p

8. Jihad Joe

Can't hit them all, but what DL should we have picked in the 2nd?

9. Agent Zero

Irrelevant at this point. So you think that the TE was a good pick then?

10. Jihad Joe

It's not irrelevant. You said we needed to pick a defensive lineman. What line was available at that spot that we should have taken

TE was a dumb pick, but where would we have gone on the DL that wouldn't have been a huge reach at that point

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  11. Omen

I didn't mind the pick. It was meh. But then I watched Gavin's tape and the kids was a baller. I'm not a fan of Hanna and Witten isn't getting any younger

12. Jihad Joe

Hannah is freaking terrible

Omen likes this.
  13. Omen

Agreed

I know we have witten but I wanted to see more of this. Like cincy uses 2tes

14. Agent Zero

I guess I am just pissed we got a TE when we really didn't need to reach that high for one. So many other needs and there is no way Escobar was rated that high on their board. Jerry Jones being Jerry Jones trying to be different.

15. Agent Zero

If he played like that I would be singing another tune. But he didn't play well at all this year.

16. Jihad Joe

He played well, just wasn't used. Got over 15 yards a catch

Omen likes this.
  17. Omen

You cNt okay if you're not in the game. I know Witten is clutch and all but sometimes it frustrates me to see Romo lock into him and not look elsewhere on third down.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So who would you have rather had? You can't just say you had so many other needs and shouldn't have "reached" for a TE without qualifying that with a player at a position of need that you passed on.

19. Jihad Joe

The two DL that went in 2nd were Jonathan Hankins and Margus Hunt, both of whom were overrated prospect s and poor fits.

There are others in the 2nd we could have picked instead (Allen, Warford) but DL just wasnt there for us in the 2nd. We lost Short, someone we targeted by a few picks

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Exactly. You can cry about needing help on the Dline more than a TE, but if there wasn't anyone there worth taking (and it doesnt appear that there was), maybe they didnt make such a bad choice after all. Romo would be hecked without having Witten, or some semblance thereof, and Witten's getting to "that" age...it's smart to have a talented guy behind him who you dont have to make any adjustments for offensively, rather than be struggling to get by with whoever else you guys have at the position (Hannah? I dont even know) and losing a third of your pass plays. It's not like it made zero sense.