Japanese now own jim beam!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Diesel44, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Jack Daniels sold out ages ago when they deproofed the black label anyway.

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

This deal also included Makers Mark.

And Japanese can't make bourbon, by definition

And isn't barcadi and Morgan stuff rum and not whiskey. You do have vag

TheSnowman likes this.
  3. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I agree Bacardi is crap…but don't start hating on Rum or I will get mad :mad:

4. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

The Japanese brewers have Billions of dollars to spend.
    I work for a company that is now owned by Asahi Brewing.The market in Japan is not growing so they have an acquisition fund of $2 Billion,Kirin & Sapporo also have truck loads of cash set for off shore investment.They are looking to diversify a little away from just beer producers.
    Asahi has a goal to become the worlds leading beverage manufacturer by 2020.They are currently investing $175 million in my company and aim to be #1 in the Australian market by 2018.My company has the licence to make Pepsi in Australia and the focus is clearly on pushing Coca Cola from the #1 slot.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

the japanese paid nearly 14 billion for jim beam so they clearly have boatloads of cash and are willing to spend it.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

things i have learned from this thread:

1) i need to try japanese whiskey at some time
    2) bitb has a vag...... edit: i had suspected for a while but now it is confirmed

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I wish I could get it here. I've heard it is really good for the price.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

what was that german beer that has an opiate in it?

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

None of them.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Technically, yes, you're right, but I've always hated that and refuse to acknowledge the difference. A kleenex is a kleenex whether it's store brand tissue or Johnson and Johnson Kleenex brand. A sparkling white wine made with champagne grapes is champagne, regardless of whether it's made in Napa, California or Champagne, France. If it's corn mash whiskey aged in oak, it's bourbon or whiskey. If it's malt whiskey it's scotch.

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

In another month people will have forgotten who owns Beam and really care less as long as they can get it. God bless America.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I don't drink beam anyway

Jamison

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

MURICA !!!!!!!

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

yegameister originally did.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Thats not beer.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

...and no it didnt.

17. Agent Zero

Man.. I haven't had that crap in forever. Might be time to visit the liquor store.

18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

it is alcohol is'nt it? i saw a metallica tv special and they saud that while in europe in the early days that they drank yegameister because it had an opiate in it!
    is it some sort of whiskey or something cause you seem to be an expert in alcohol and intoxicating drinks and substances.

19. Agent Zero

It is a liqueur.. A cough syrup liqueur. :p

20. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Champagne is not made from "champagne grapes'. it is made from Pinot Noir,Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay.In Europe,Canada,Australia,Brazil, and many other countries the word"Champagne" is prohibited to be used for any sparkling wine that does not come from the Champagne region of France.The US bans the use of the word "Champagne" from all locally produced wines since 2008.Those that used the word Champagne prior to 2008 may continue to do so.
    While I hate the stuff,my brother is a Champagne lover and ametuer wine historian.