Minnesota Vikings to hire Mike Zimmer as head coach

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Sportsguy, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The Minnesota Vikings will hire Mike Zimmer as coach, a league source told ESPN.

The Vikings and Zimmer, who spent the past five seasons as the Cincinnati Bengals' defensive coordinator, had been in negotiations in an effort to complete a deal Wednesday, according to league sources.

Zimmer remained overnight after his second interview Tuesday was finished, with Vikings owner Zygi Wilf more centrally involved in the session, sources told ESPN.

Wilf made calls to selective references on Zimmer and came away satisfied to give a green light on hiring him to succeed Leslie Frazier as Minnesota's coach.

Source: Continue Reading

2. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

To me this is a scary hire. Zimmer has the right attitude and if he gets Turner as a OC they might be the sleeper team next season.

Tarkus and Omen like this.
  3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

It was just a matter of time for Zimmer to get a hc job. Been a helluva coordinator for a long time.

Aussie61 and Lddbck like this.
  4. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

This is a great hire,I am so looking forward to life as a Vikings fan in the coming years! Reportedly we are close to nabbing Norv Turner as OC. George Edwards is the DC,surely a guy that has been hired because Zimmer knows him,and Edwards will be the DC just to give someone the title.I'm sure Zimmer will call the defensive plays on Sundays.
    GM Rick Spielman stated before the HC coach search began that he would be aggressive in free agency ,so interesting times ahead,especially if he can have another solid draft :vikings:

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

IMO great hire Dallas should've never let him go.

ragman likes this.
  6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed.

7. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

And now we have Norv Turner as OC.It gets better every day. :vikings:

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I kind of see Zimmer as a lateral move to Frazier, but Norv is nice.

9. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

A lateral move?? No,no!!!!!!! Zimmer is streets ahead of Frazier!

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

There's no way to really know that for sure yet.

11. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Are you nuts?? Fraziers defence blew no less than FIVE leads with under 2:00 in 4th qtr.!!!!! I just don't see that happening under Zimmer.