Browns Willing To Trade Up In Draft To Land Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by DaBears22, Jan 20, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The narrative linking the Cleveland Browns to Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel went even deeper Sunday when a report surfaced that the club would be willing to trade up to get the dynamic Aggies star.

This from cbssports.com:

"... they are willing to trade up to land Johnny Manziel in the draft if need be, sources said, and have an owner, Jimmy Haslam, who is committed to spending their abundant cap space to try to win quickly."

Although this is far from the first time the Browns' interest in the quarterback has been reported, it is the first indication that Cleveland might like him enough to trade up from the No. 4 overall pick to get it done. Its flexibility to do so is strong, given the club has a pair of first-round picks. The Houston Texans, St. Louis Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars pick ahead of the Browns. The Texans and Rams have both indicated they might have an interest in trading back, so the Browns might not find it tough to make a move up.

Source: NFL.com

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I find it questionable that these reports are coming out so early, seems like it could be smoke.

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I would both of their first rounds this year and their first round next year.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I understand you would be thrilled at that haul, but your homer-ism is showing.

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

It's a deal Cleveland can't pass up.:D

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cleveland: where QBs go to die.

bigsexyy81 likes this.
  7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

They don't have to trade up, do they? Some mocks I've seen have him right where the Browns can get him.