How Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was nearly an Eagle

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Jan 31, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Thankfully, for Philly fans, there's a capable Nick Foles, but it could have been different. It's become the stuff of legend, how close the Eagles were to drafting Russell Wilson. A year ago that miss looked like a fatal mistake. Now, not so much, even though the second-year quarterback will be playing against the Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII. ... The Eagles passed on Wilson in the second round, watched the Seahawks snatch him early the next round, and ended up taking Foles 13 picks later. "Yeah, there was definitely tons of interest from the Eagles and several other teams," Wilson said this week. "I had met with them several times and all that. I liked where the Eagles were from. I'm from the East Coast, so it wasn't far away from home."

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

So the Eagles almost had Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick and who else?

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I might sound crazy but but im good with foles don't think Wilson is great just has a great team around him.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Having any of them could have meant that Reid would still be the coach. Chipper & Nickfolean over Andy & (any name here).

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

Agreed dawk. Things worked for the eagles.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Earl Thomas... now that's a pick I was and still am pissed about missing.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He said recently that he constantly hears from Eagles fans that he should be in Philly.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Brandon freaking Graham... sigh.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

where's mike oxlong so he can argue how great reid was at drafting cause his picks became starters.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Wilson will be at spring training with the Rangers in 11 days. They drafted him as a 2B. Maybe he has some words of wisdom for them. Couldn't hurt.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

for the record i would take foles as my team's qb over wilson 8 days a week. it's not even close.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I got an earful from Mike when I lol'd the Graham pick