Winter Olympics 2014

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by ollysj, Jan 25, 2014.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The athletes are told to not say anything bad about the host country. They are the last ones to listen to right now.

Aussie61 likes this.
  2. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

thats not true ^^

3. DawkinsINT

Do you feel that the media from so many countries all got together to tell the same lies?

4. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

what ? which lies ?

do we discuss about the olympic games or the problems in russia ? so you are saying that the IOC tells athletes to say only positive things about Sotchi ? LOL

5. DawkinsINT

You said to listen to the athletes, not the media at the Olympics. As if the media from various countries conspired together to tell lies. They are just reporting what they see.

The IOC is not telling athletes not to say anything negative as far as I know. The coaches from the various countries tell their teams to only comment on their event in a positive light as they always have to not seem ungracious.

Aussie61 likes this.
  6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Basicly are the athletes told, to keep the politics out of the games, according to the olympic spirit

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. 86WARD

86WARD -

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

With Irene Wüst, we have the 1st gay gold medal in 3000m skating

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

This run is sick! Lot of airtime for the athletes

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I don't think there is one stretch where the skier can "relax". From start to finish it's intense.

Aussie61 and ollysj like this.
  11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Nothing for us today at the women's biathlon 7,5km sprint, but at least 2 of our girls are in a good position for the pursuit.

Now I hopning for Felix Loch to win gold in luge

12. DawkinsINT

This little Russian figure skater is awesome. Looks 10 years old.

markaz likes this.
  13. markaz

14. markaz

Damn....Afghanistan slipped out of the top 10.

ollysj likes this.
  15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

in terms of crapty construction and publicity!
    now go back to wife beating larry!;)

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Got our 1st medal today - gold for the luge rider Loch :)

On a side note: They launched a firework, after the Russian athlete Demtschenko finished his last run, even if Loch, who was the leader after 3 of 4 heats, was waiting at the start of the track. But hey, they got the firework, we got gold

markaz likes this.
  17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Simon Schemp did better than expected in the men's biathlon pursuit. Almost had a chance to fight for silver or bronze, but missed the last target.

Just saw the medal ceremony of the women's ski combination. Gold for Germany :D
    Love how Mancuso celebrate her 3rd place. Always liked her more than Vonn anyway

Anoter medal for us is in the making. After 2 of 4 runs, Geisenberger and Hüfner leading the field in women's single luge

18. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Go on YouTube and see the luge run of India's Shiva Keshavan. He has a crash at 80 mph, and somehow gets back on and completes his run. There's also a video of him practicing in India where there's no ice and no luge courses, so he has to practice in the street.

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

India and luge - sounds like an oxymoron

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i am waiting for synchronized downhill snow pissing tonight in the female category.