Things That Are Missing Since The Knucklehead Launch

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by 86WARD, Dec 5, 2013.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Don't know if you want to say it's actually missing, but the "form" @SRW provided for starting threads was incredibly handy. I found the best part about it was that it automatically created an abbreviated Source once the URL was copied and pasted into the form. Also, the poster's "Take" on the article was a nice touch in that it did force the poster to read the entire article thus "pre-moderating" for validity/quality of the news story.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I don't know if there are others, but the most popular modification to add that to a XenForo forum is this:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/simple-forms.289/

It's not free. Paid modification will have better support though 9 times out of 10. This seems like it's been reputable. Of course, there could be other options including some that are free. But that's one I found quickly with a simple Google search for 'XenForo Forms'.

There are a bunch more available here:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/add-ons.28/

Some are free, some are paid, some are supported, some aren't. It's the roll of the dice you take when wanting to add features not included with the default forum software. Your choices are either to code the modification yourselves, pay someone to create the code or to find a modification and install it.

3. markaz

@SRW - Are the fees associated with forum software add-ons a one-time fee or is it a monthly hit?

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It all depends on the modification the the author's terms. All the modifications are coded by people who are independent of Xenforo.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

@Sweets and @SRW - did they take all the money and skip town?!?

Omen likes this.
  6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Where the freak Ktrain at?

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's a lot of members missin'...

9. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

outside of the people that bailed when the site "blacked out" - Im sure another handful bailed because they only stuck around for loyalty to SRW

I know for sure it will pick up - I've got a big site upgrade that is in testing right now. should roll it out this week and it will push the team related news from FK into the forum - and get the writers more involved in our forum discussion because the mod ties the forum and blog together via comments and threads.

Steve12 and markaz like this.
  10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Great. Noobs.

11. Kurt

be nice to the newbies... damn liberals

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

We are not gentle to newcomers as a general rule...or, at any rate, we are gentle until they show their ass. It takes a special kind to stick. Right, @Diesel44?

Diesel44, 86WARD and Omen like this.
  13. Kurt

I'm with ya man.. hazing in full effect.. feel the love

14. markaz

I would have thought since the embarrassment that was the dolphins last year that mj would have returned.

Good news, @Kurt, about rolling FK team news here. Always been a huge proponent of team oriented stuff.

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

hell,i love it here! just laugh at every post and you'll be ok!

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

My guess is SRW used the money to buy an island in the pacific, so Sweets can feel like at home, and retired with the rest of it. It's about the dream, boss!!