XENFORO Upgraded - Quote button - features added

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Kurt, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

2. Kurt

You can also enable twitter / google or facebook signing -

so if you're already signed into one of those accounts and you drop by the forum, you'll already be logged in.. single sign on saves time..

also, at the bottom of every page is share buttons.. use them :dunno2:

3. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Great Stuff Kurt thanks the multi quote is simply amazing. It will take me some time to get used to it but once I do WOW

I can't emphasize enough how important that last point you made is. IT'S EXTREMELY IMPORTANT And will get more users

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

am I missing the share button?

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Top right toolbar under your avatar and all the way down at the site's footer. You'll find the buttons for Twitter, Google + and Facebook sharing.

6. Steve12

Oh I see it at the bottom now. they don't appear when you're in portrait mode on your phone. for me at least. I have to go to landscape.

7. SRW

Looks like the site's responsive design eliminates some of the widgets when you are in portrait mode. The one where your avatar is displayed, the share widget and the site stats.

8. Steve12

portrait also doesn't show who posted last in a thread, which I like to see.

I take it there's no way to display the last poster's avatar instead of the thread starter?

9. SRW

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/last-post-avatar-by-waindigo.266/

It's an add-on modification. Dunno how the new brass feels about using those. Coding is always a concern, no matter what you are running on the site's backend.

10. Kurt

From out of no where, GOOD to see you @SRW !! That mod adds the avatar to the area where the name of the last poster is located - so if your phone is in portrait mode you won't see it..

But adding those 20 avatar means adding 20 extra images to the website people have to download when they visit the site.. and I'm already working hard (and spending money) to reduce server load time..

11. Steve12

that's cool. if it's not an easy fix it's not worth it. I'm always in portrait mode anyways.