Loomis is the man

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Buck Fenson, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

[​IMG]

Buck Fenson likes this.
  2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

All he did was pull a Jerry Jones and kick your cap problems down the road for a year or two, nothing got fixed or solved. Plus, if he's such a freaking genius, you wouldnt have had cap issues in the first place to work around, but I digress.

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

We have heard this for years!! Still waiting for the A bomb

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

kurt,look at all the players they have lost this year and tell me up to this point that they have made the saints a better team! with the players still out there in the draft and the players that are free agents there is no way they can replace the talent they have lost! should have let graham leave and kept the other guys.

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Roll call:

Will Smith cut. Did not play last season
    Jonathon Vilma cut(?) played one game last season
    Lance Moore cut 13 games played 37 catches for 457 yards and 2 tds
    Roman Harper cut 9 games played/5 starts 1 interception 1 fumble recovery 2 pass defensed 33 tackles (15 solo)
    Jabari Greer I will give you that one. He was ok up until his injury but 32 with one int and 30 tackles in 10 games with 12 pass defensed.
    Sproles. not released yet but 15 games played 53 rushes for 220 yards and 2 touchdowns but 11 first downs...15 games 71 rec for 604 yards 2 tds but 24 first downs. His production average wise topped out the first year here and steadily decreased each year.

So, all these players are over 30 and either not played at all last season or played very little or had little impact. Why keep them?
    Greer may be missed the most. We are missing out on nothing. Kenny Stills can take over Lance's spot if we need him to but he can do better than Moore's stats. In fact, if memory serves correct he had about the same stats as Moore but less snaps. Harper is garbage in coverage and we took care of that with Byrd and Vaccarro. Vilma and Smith didn't play at all and was not missed at all. Sproles may have got first downs but that is all he did. So how did the Saints freak up by releasing those players. Mind you that I watched every game and didn't rely on highlights to make this decision. The floor is yours.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. Buck Fenson

For what I have seen the cap increases by a crazy amount in a couple of years. I think like 150 or 160. Now, that is a good chunk of cash. Now, granted, it happens to coincide with a certain defensive end contract ending and we will need all the extra to pay him. Also at that time Brees' contract is really high and it will be time to re do his for a better cap hit. The money will be there. I didn't think he would do anything in the FA but he shocked Who Dat Nation with that signing. On a different board they broke it down really good and it makes sense. But who really knows until the crap happens. I like the signing. It really helps in a spot we needed help and if anyone, and I mean anyone, would have said Monday that the Saints would sign Byrd to a contract you would have laughed and blasted them. But it did and we shall see. Y'all do come to our house I think. See ya there bro.

P.S. I think all teams have cap trouble every year and it is harder for the teams that have a chance to make the Bowl game constantly for a few years. Saints been doing it since 2006 sorta. Your team will be up against it soon enough. Your coach and GM has been doing it for what 3 years? Soon, the great young players will be up for a big raise. And your older good vets will be up for raises too. Can't keep everyone paid. And it is a good problem to have actually. It would be different if we wasn't winning.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  7. Kurt

They cut dead weight and let the other dead weight walk (MJ)... They got younger on both sides of the ball and I honestly would like them to get rid of Colston, which will happen as soon as Nick Toon is ready (or similar)..

Saints need a OC that can help them balance the offense and we will be very hard to beat.

Greer obviously isn't coming back to the NFL anytime soon or they would have kept him aboard.. he was cheap considering his level of performance pre-injury. I think we could see him comes back at some point, once his heals and proves he can still run fast.

Saints will win the Super Bowl this season!!

And I watch the Saints too.. no highlights.. Sproles is DONE.. He can't take a hit.. like a boxer that has been punched one to many times, they're easy to drop. Sproles is now in that boat. Dude should retire a Saint!

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

well,at least we are'nt panther fans.they will be lucky to win 3 games with all the players they lost.

Buck Fenson and Kurt like this.
  9. Buck Fenson

I hope I didn't come across as angry. Not by a long shot. And that panther dig made it even better. :D

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The best thing Loomis has going for him is Drew Brees. Having a franchise QB makes other decisions look much better.

Kurt likes this.
  11. Buck Fenson

and the winning helps somewhat also. and Coach and Coach Ryan is a selling point also. That is why Byrd gave us the consideration.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Oh don't get me wrong.....Loomis has more than earned his keep. It's just not as stressful as when you are looking for the right trigger nan under center. Drew Brees is a luxury that is worth his weight in gold. Having that caliber of a QB helps hide deficiencies.

13. Buck Fenson

that is does. there is no denying that.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

:jj:

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Good times man. This whole thread is winning the purest Charlie Sheen sense

16. Kurt

Mother... son of a... damn it you're right...

Walnuts likes this.
  17. Buck Fenson

notice how he changed from the 9ers to the Giants.