NFL Prospect QB Teddy Bridgewater Has Bad Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by 86WARD, Mar 17, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sounds like Bridgewater blew his Pro Day this morning...very less than stellar...

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Who knows what it means anymore. I would think that Pro Day has greater weight than the Combine, especially if a QB doesn't throw at the Combine. But then there's the argument that all they need to look at is tape.:dunno:

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

4. markaz

How did he end up with Weinke as his "mentor" over the past 2 months?

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Thats what Weinke does, man.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Doesn't mean much anymore.

Wonder why he didn't wear gloves though...he wore gloves ever game since high school and today he opts not to?

7. markaz

What's that? Try to cash in on a high draft pick?

Walnuts likes this.
  8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

These pro scouts expect to go out and see these guys as seasonsed pros,especially that dumbass jaws,when they should realize he is just a rookie!

Aussie61 likes this.
  9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

Jihad Joe, LebaneseFF, markaz and 2 others like this.
  10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

wonder what his copay is at the dentist? lol
    thanks for the laugh wally!

11. markaz

Diesel......pick an avatar that stands out a little better next time.

12. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

LOVE IT. it's worth the reply just to see that gif again.

13. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Weinke is the director of the IMG Madden Football Academy which helps teach fundamentals and technique of the game. He also worked with Cam Newton quite a bit

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

it's an award winner compared to that cardinal with a helment on of yours! lol

15. markaz

I couldn't agree more. Mine looks like crap.

Diesel44 likes this.
  16. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

He's now saying it was a mistake not to wear gloves,he will wear them when he goes to private workouts with teams.

17. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Agree. For what it's worth,listened to radio interview with Coach Zimmer (who wasn't at the pro day,although media said he was).Zimmer says after talking to Norv Turner (who was at the pro day) the workout "wasn't nearly as bad as the media reported"
    I have seen a couple of other reports from different NFL teams that seem to support this.Sounds like the media has fallen in love with Bortles and is trying to scuttle Bridgewater.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't out much stock into these Pro days anyway. Is it really that big of a deal if a QB hits 57 of 57 passes that are scripted, that they've been practicing for and with receivers they've been working with for a long time??? Lol...

Aussie61 likes this.
  19. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Exactly,and that was a point Zimmer made.It's one piece to the puzzle,just one piece.

20. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

People should really listen to more than what ESPN reports. Every scout that I have seen says it was below average pro day but shouldnt effect his draft position or his ranking on their draft boards. Even Mayock said that. But people focus on the fact that it wasnt very good.

And the point of the Pro Day isnt about the completions. Its about how the ball comes out of his hand, his footwork, etc. Scouts dont care if its completed at all.

And also, just because ESPN blows it up doesnt mean anything. Scouts dont view any one thing as the determining factor for drafting a player. Its the game tape, medical evaluation, personal meeting, combine, pro day all wrapped into one.

Jihad Joe and Aussie61 like this.