Comedian David Brenner dies at 78

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by 86WARD, Mar 15, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

David Brenner, the gangly, toothy-grinned "Tonight Show" favorite whose brand of observational comedy became a staple for other standup comedians, including Jerry Seinfeld and Paul Reiser, died Saturday. He was 78.

Brenner, who had been fighting cancer, died peacefully at his home in New York City with his family at his side, according to Jeff Abraham, his friend and publicist.

"David Brenner was a huge star when I met him and he took me under his wing. To me, historically, he was the godfather of hip, observational comedy," comedian Richard Lewis said in a statement. "He mentored me from day one. ... His passing leaves a hole in my life that can never be replaced."

Brenner's standup routines became a favorite of "Tonight Show" host Johnny Carson starting in the 1970s.

His 150-plus "Tonight Show" appearances turned the former documentary filmmaker into a hot comedian. Brenner was a regular on other TV talk shows and game shows and starred in four HBO comedy specials. He also briefly hosted his own syndicated talk show in 1987.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/03/15/comedian-david-brenner-dies-at-78/

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I had no clue he was that old. While I never sought out trying to find his material, whenever I saw him, he made me laugh.

R.I.P.

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Remember him from carson and letterman,but i did not know he was that old.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Same...I didn't realize he was that old...

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Me either.

RIP.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

8. DawkinsINT

[​IMG]

86WARD likes this.
  9. 86WARD

86WARD -

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i guess the little bastard from family ties did not die of a drug overdose yesterday neither! wtf do people have to do this crap?

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

To get attention because they have no life.

12. DawkinsINT

I'm pretty sure if Diesel44 & ragman ever met in real life, they would tongue kiss....the way David Brenner would have liked.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

US Magazine make the National Enquirer look like Time magazine.

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Id like you watch

And jerk it

smeags and DawkinsINT like this.
  15. smeags

smeags militant geek

JJ knows how to take a discussion and wrap it up in one post.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Look,just cause you live in the city of brotherly love,don't mean that crap exsists in my area!;)
    shame on you! you are no jihadist,you sir are an infidel!:dunno2:

17. DawkinsINT

18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Look,just cause you live in the city of brotherly love,don't mean that crap exsists in my area!;)
    shame on you! you are no jihadist,you sir are an infidel!:dunno2:

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

you had to post this twice ? you seem to be trying real hard to deny something here.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you are such a huge infidel,i had to post it twice!