Eagles Not Actively Shopping WR DeSean Jackson?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Mar 18, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Philadelphia Eagles reportedly say they are NOT shopping wide receiver DeSean Jackson but they are listening to offers for Jackson. Both the 49ers and Patriots are said to be interested.

Source: http://t.co/MM4p8Y3RZa

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I would hate them to do so. Why go from WR being a position of strength to a position of need going into the draft when the defense is in serious need of players?

Aussie61 likes this.
  3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I don't see this happening at all would make no sense

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Supposedly Baalke inquired. I really want a big body Godzilla of a WR over a Speedy Gonzalez but I wouldnt be mad. Especially for a 3rd (which we have 2 of anyway).

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Maybe they were seeing if they could get two firsts. And i don't they would need to draft someone high. If the Eagles spread it out, they can easily move the ball with that they had left, plus say a Donte Moncrief in the second.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

the panthers have no money to spend. neither do the 9ers. both would have to make cuts to accomidate his salary. and there's no way in hell the eagles would trade him within the division.

so many different reports on this. some saying this is all being driven by the agent.

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Heard this morning locally that NE and SF are the leaders to get him if he is dealt. I hope he stays in Philly. Looks like he's a cancer.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

until he's actually traded i will continue to think this is the eagles calling jackson's bluff over his anual sandy vag**a about his contract.

Aussie61 and bigsexyy81 like this.
  10. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

This is such BS. A third rounder for a receiver coming off his best statistical year of his career? I know he's a headcase, but a 3rd rounder? Not going to happen.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

12. Greg Brosh

I've heard Dion Jordan for Jackson rumors, but I doubt the Dolphins would want Jackson after Mike Wallace is looking like a bust. I've heard the Eagles reaching out to the Panthers, which makes no sense since they are, or close to, the most cap strapped team in the league.

If Maclin was a slam dunk in regards to a return and whichever receiver they drafted fit perfectly in Chip's offense, fine. I know that Ertz will be huge in this offense and Sproles will line up a lot at receiver, but all that is still too much to count on.

These rumors seem so media driven it's ridiculous. He made one stink about his contract and I've yet to hear anything else from Jackson or his camp.

I want nothing less than a high 2nd or a low 1st. Or a pick and a player who will start right away. Harvin fetched a first. Jackson should to.

He's only 27 and is coming off the best year of his career. I know he isn't considered a true #1 receiver in the league, but his presence opens up everything else on the field.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah im not gonna be happy if does end up being traded for anything less then a 2nd.

still hoping this is a pissing match but if not i really think this its about the eagles having no desire to resign him again and seeing if they can get something big for him. at the end of the day id rather they keep him.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

word is,they may end up releasing him.

15. DawkinsINT

I would be so pissed if they released him. There must be something going on with him behind the scenes that they seem so willing to part with him.

Diesel44 likes this.
  16. Greg Brosh

17. DawkinsINT

Yeah, the crip pic has been around awhile, and many say he's known to smoke weed, but I don't think that's the reason. It was reported today by Derrick Gunn that it is DeSean who has not returned Chip's phone calls since the season ended, not the other way around. It's a very confusing situation that seemingly nobody really knows what's going on.

He's a diva and an asshole who has tanked it in the past, but I don't want him going anywhere. What he did against the Giants will make him an Eagle for life in my heart.

18. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Hmmm. He is a supposed douchebag, tanker, asshole, diva, locker room cancer and supposed gangbanger but you want him around? Ok.

19. DawkinsINT

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

the only team in the league that would give him his 10 million in salary this year is the raiders.i can't see anybody else dumb enough to do that.