Jets Disappoint in Free Agency - 2014 Grade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bcole, Mar 26, 2014.

1. bcole

bcole General Disarray Fantasy Guru

Grade: C The Jets did not completely whiff during the free agency period. They brought in Eric Decker, who is widely regarded as the best available receiver this year. Michael Vick was another decent acquisition both with regard to helping the team win and potentially helping Geno Smith develop his game. If the […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Decker is a product of Peyton manning. he's a #2 at best, and he was like the 4th or 5th option in the Broncos offense. I don't expect him to do anything next year, especially with vick or Smith throwing the ball. yet another year the jets won't be a problem in the division.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ya he wasnt the 4th or 5th option lol

4. Steve12

thomas, Thomas, welker, Decker.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He had 5 less targets than Demariyus, 15 more than Welker, and 48 more than Thomas. So no, he was not the 4th or 5th option.

6. Steve12

my bad y'all. I still don't think he's that good though.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He isnt a #1 in the AJ Green, Dez Bryant mold but he is passable and has a fairly rounded game. He is pretty much a Donald Driver level #1 WR

Steve12 likes this.
  8. bcole

bcole General Disarray Fantasy Guru

I like Decker, but I have to agree that on the Jets he could not be a number 1 receiver. I wrote more about that here http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/?p=63196. Decker doesn't get great separation but his other skill sets are elite. With an accurate quarterback like Manning he is outstanding. Vick has a great arm but is not particularly accurate. I think that Decker needs another elite option around him to be completely effective but we'll see how the season goes.