Cowboys Draft Talk

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

@Mike @Omen @ragman @TJ @Agent Zero

So far word is that both Anthony Barr and Aaron Donald have scheduled predraft visits. So far those are the only two first round guys that have mentioned visiting us (announcements are still unofficial) but the names of some lower round guys are trickling in. These visits are key because they usually give a good indication of where the team wants to draft at what position

Right now given the developments of the past month (Barrs stock taking a slip and signing Henry Melton) Ive jumped ship from the Donald Bandwagon to the Barr Bandwagon.

Barr is still very raw (why he is likely slipping) but he can come in right away and play a Leo positionin (switching back and forth from LB to DE ala Von Miller) while he works on his technique and adds 15 pounds or so to his frame. He is listed most places as a LB prospect, and some people have said he is better suited to a 3-4. I disagree. With is long arms to win leverage battles and body frame to play at about 275 lbs, I think he is way more suited to play DE. Also, I dont really like to put guys that are 6'5 in coverage

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I do think we should go after Donald or a safety. I know I'll be in the minority but the Dallas Cowboys have neglected this position long enough and it's shows. They can't keep plugging dudes off the streets.

TJ likes this.
  3. Jihad Joe

Im not really into Dix or Pryor. Definitely not that high. Both are borderline firsts IMO. Id rather take a guy like Reynolds or Bailey whom are both true FSs in the 3rd and continue grooming Wilcox at SS

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

cowboy draft talk? Short subject.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, before the offseason I was convinced that safety must be addressed in the 1st round, but then Ware and Hatcher were shown the door, and suddenly our pass rush is gone. At this point, I expect Jerry to go full defense in the draft...but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

6. Jihad Joe

We need a young OL too. A WR wouldnt hurt either.

7. Omen

Agreed although I like our version of Wes welker if they got him the ball more.

I agree about grooming Wilcox but I think we still need to address it.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You have a version of Wes Wleker?

9. Jihad Joe

Beasley. Small white slot guy.

10. Jihad Joe

We do. But I think Dix or Pryor would get abused with our current DL

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

a very good dline makes your dbs look better and vice versa. So, really it don't matter which one you go for just as long as you either get a stud pass rusher or corner/safety.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you are talking about beasley,right? he is a pretty good wr,but he is smaller than welker is,right?

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

love to see dallas move up and take johnny football. I Am hoping geriatric jerry does that.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Not by much. Welker is 5-9 and 185. Beasley is 5-8 and 180.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I think that the signing of Weeden prevents that from happening. Sorry.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Why? Weeden can be cut with next to no ramifications in the salary cap.

Not that I want us to draft Manziel, though...

17. Jihad Joe

As far as QBs im hoping its Bridgewater that falls. With some of the talk about him slipping I can see him being this years Aaron Rogers.

Honestly I really like the top 5 QBs this year. There isn't a Luck or even a Stafford level prospect, and they all have warts. But I think they all have the ability to be Pro Bowl level QBs

Omen likes this.
  18. Jihad Joe

Wouldnt hate taking Manziel at #16, or even a small trade up a few slots ( no higher then 13). Hes not a top 5 level pick IMO, but he is still a first round caliber QB with the ability to make all the throws needed. He needs coaching to be able to make the throws in the pocket, and isnt really NFL ready. I would rather take Carr and even Garapollo, but I wouldnt hate a Manziel pick

19. Omen

Same here I'm not a no way we can't do that sky is falling fan. Manziel is a good college player that has the ability to become better

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Oh so your own version of Welker in that he's small and white but lacking the whole being a talented receiver bit.