DeSean Jackson to Washington?

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by cmilian, Mar 30, 2014.

1. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

There have been lots of rumors circulating around DeSean Jackson in the past few days. “What team will he sign with?,” “why did Philadelphia release him?,” “is he in a gang?” Well, as far as the Washington Redskins are concerned, those last two questions don’t matter as much as the first. Most people believe that […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he does'nt have to change divisons,and he'll get two chances at the eagles is the main reason along with money i think he'll go to dc.plus he gets to play with a qb similar to vick when it comes to keeping the play alive longer.

3. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

Good points. The way things are looking right now, I wouldn't be surprised if they get a deal done tomorrow. If it's a choice between Oakland and Washington, DeSean should pick Washington, and I'm not just saying that because of fan bias. If a player wants to win, get paid good money, and play in a high powered offense under a Head Coach like Jay Gruden, the choice should undoubtedly be Washington at this point. I can't wait to see what happens with this.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Bet the skins give him a godfather deal,ya know? one he can't confuse.

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

In a way Daniel Snyder is much like Al Davis except that Snyder has absolutely no clue when it comes to football decisions. If Al Davis were still with us Jackson would be headed to Oakland...no question. But he's not so Snyder will win any bidding war.....regardless of how many restructures or releases he has to do. I really think that Snyder is a little panicky about RGIII and will do damn near anything at this point to give Griffin the support he needs. Just guessin'.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

DeSean staying in the division would be a nightmare, especially with our secondary as it is now.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

wont matter who the skins have at WR if they cant protect RGIII.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm not a Snyder fan by any means but out of all "those type" of owners, Snyder has seemed to get it moreso than the other guys and has hired a football guy to deal with his football business...

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah but unlike danny, al davis had something to point at when people ripped him.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

what's that? being dead? redskins have not done much with free agents,but the late mr davis had problems with everybody,including coaches he fired and failed to pay. look how how jamarcus russel skull freaked him out of 32 million,along with many more players.at least now snyder is smart enough to let somebody else spend his money,al's dumbass son is picking up where his daddy left off! look at the crappy linemen he signed this year.he did well on the defensive line,but overpaid the offensive line.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

Al at least had rings to point to. danny doesnt.

That doesnt mean al was any better in his later years but je had a reason to think he was right.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

dude,the raiders have not won a sb since 1983. i do not give you eagle guys crap about not winning a super bowl cause the skins have not won one since 1992. if you want to talk about not winning rings,we can! lol

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Raiders won a ring on January 25, 1981...

:blush:

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Beat the redskins for the 1983 sb too.

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Tim McManus ‏@Tim_McManus 5h
    Have had a couple people tell me that talks between Jackson's side and Redskins have been going very well. My guess is he signs there.(eagles beat writer)

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

If the Skins can pull an RT out of there ass in the draft and McCullers ( would eat alot of space and let Hatcher and Bowen attack) and bring in Jackson then the Skins are in the convo for the East easily. Although thats not saying much

17. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

there was a twitter report saying Jackson to Washington was a done deal. cant find conformation

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I saw an "all but done"'report...

19. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Me too.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

@NBCdianna: Per sources: DeSean Jackson has 2 teams making offers. I'm told Cleveland Browns are 1 and they are going hard with offer. ‪#‎Brow