Minnesota Vikings Looking At Zach Mettenberger

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by aschmidt, Apr 8, 2014.

1. aschmidt

aschmidt 2nd String

The NFL Draft starts one month from today on May 8 at New York’s Radio City Music Hall. The Minnesota Vikings are beginning to bring in players for private workouts and discussions and one name that may surprise some fans out there is former LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger. The team will go to Baton Rouge […]

Read the whole post here.

Aussie61 likes this.
  2. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

As @markaz will attest to,I said months ago Mettenberger was my choice for QB.If they somehow don't get him,then i believe McCarron would be the next choice,with Carr & Garropolo also in the mix.
    I read an article on Monday from a site called "Draft Insider" where the writer claimed to have "inside knowledge" that the Vikings would take a LB with their first round pick,and Mettenberger with the 2nd pick.
    As with all articles claiming to have "inside knowledge" at this time of year I take it with a big grain of salt,although I have to admit it does make a lot of sense.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I hereby attest to the position taken by @Aussie61.

Aussie61 likes this.
  4. markaz

Aussie61 likes this.
  5. aschmidt

aschmidt 2nd String

I will tell you now that I have no inside knowledge of anything. Just my opinion on what the team should do. Just so many directions that the Vikings should go in Round 1 that don't involved a QB. Mettenberger would be a fine choice later on.

Aussie61 likes this.
  6. markaz

Agreed. Don't think they would have signed Cassel for 2 years/$10M just to carry a clipboard.

Aussie61 likes this.
  7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think Mettenberger would be a great pick for Minnesota especially considering they already have Kalil on the left side.

Arm wise Mettenberger is probably the best QB in this class, but my worry with him is that if a team cant protect him, it will get ugly. With Kalil protecting him and AD keeping defenses focused on the run, Mettenberger could win OROY in Minnesota

markaz likes this.
  8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

you would be getting a good qb in him. sorta wish the Saints would take a look at him but I don't see that happening. I hope he will get drafted early and have a good chance to start.