Eagles Tried To Acquire Spiller Before Landing Sproles

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Greg Brosh, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/sproles-eagles-inquired-about-cj-spiller

Before they traded for Darren Sproles, the Eagles first tried to add a younger, more dynamic weapon to their offense.

The Eagles contacted the Bills this offseason with hopes of trading for versatile Pro Bowl running back C.J. Spiller, according to two league sources familiar with the situation. The Bills weren’t interested in moving Spiller, both sources said, and talks never heightened into an offer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm surprised the Eagles went ballsy and tried to even gauge talks for Spiller, who I still think is the best player the Bills have right now. Imagine McCoy and Spiller in the same backfield? Again, who knows how true this is.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I find that hard to believe...

Maybe the name came up in casual conversation, but I doubt the Eagles were actually seriously pursuing Spiller.

3. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

After making the void with the Jackson release, they really don't have much ammo to make any big trades like that anyway. They only have 6 picks, which is their lowest in awhile. There's been talk the first rounder could be the best receiver left of the bunch. Or if there is a guy they still like, I can see them trying to trade up a couple spots.

Then you have the Dion Jordon trade rumors, which I doubt happens if it involved their 2nd rounder. Which isn't enough for a guy the Dolphins drafted No. 3.

The Eagles should just stand pat in the draft and see what scraps are left in the summer.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

damn, spiller is good. he and shady in the same backfield? that would be pretty impressive.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

well acoording to the story this supposedly happened before jackson got cut.

i agree they should stand pat with the picks they have.