Cleveland Browns match Jaguars' offer for Alex Mack

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by DontKnowMe, Apr 11, 2014.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wow...

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

a nine million dollar center. well, we have a 9 million dollar guard and an 11 million dollar guard.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

and an 11 and and a half de/lb,and 12 million dollar db,with an option for 20 million the next year.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Well, while i think center is one of the more underrated positions on the field, that's a lot of money to tie up in that spot

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Should be interesting to see what a team is willing to pay Maurkice Pouncey next year.

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

does'nt cleveland still have like 30 million left to spend in cap money?

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You should see if they can loan you $20 for a course in punctuation and capitalization.

Aussie61 and Diesel44 like this.
  9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i will if i can ask them for 100 bucks from you to take a class in how not to be such a dipcrap,deal?:cheers:

Aussie61 likes this.
  10. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

So,Clevelands reasoning for this was to keep a quality player to build around.Does this mean they will be taking one of the top OTs at pick #4 ?

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Or better yet, they can loan him some money so build a time machine so he can teleport himself to Treblinka circa 1942

12. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

If they are serious about fielding a winner. Build up that offensive line and you can work wonders.

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

The match was a no brainer, they were already about to pay more than $10M for one year, and this deal is basically 2 for $18M with Mack able to void after that. It's not like this deal is all guaranteed, and the bonus is low, making it easy to move past in a few years if it goes badly.

We have the money, it needs to be (mostly) spent, and it's not my cash being spent. If we need to work in a rookie QB this yr or next, it makes sense to have a great center doing it. Easy move here, not to mention that the cap will increase by $10M each of the next two years.