Would Johnny Manziel Be The Right Fit In Minnesota?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by aschmidt, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he is a certain asshole.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ouch!

3. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

If you want to see an asshole...look in the mirror!

4. Buck Fenson

it just comes up your face

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Here you go Buck, some fun memories of Johnny Football to help steer things back on topic:

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Johnny Friends Forever could be a very good QB in 2014, but whatever team that drafts him is going to have to plan there offense to hid him similarly to how the Redskins did with Griffin in 2012

7. Buck Fenson

MAYBE I was a smidgen too harsh about the injury crap. Maybe plantar fascia or something like that. I just don't get the freaking hype with that dude. I don't think he should have won the Heisman that year. I didn't watch a lot of games of A&M. I just saw how LSU beat them like a step child both times and didn't see what all the pundits saw in him. Yes, he beat up on some crapty teams. And he got into a shootout with Bama. So what. I don't see him as a number one overall pick. I don't see him as a first rounder either. He reminds me of a thinner Tebow who has a slightly stronger arm and a better throwing motion.

Aussie61 likes this.
  8. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Now I agree with that! I think he will be a bust also,which is why I want Minnesota to stay well away from him.What LSU did to him is the way NFL defences will play him,guys like Watt & Peppers will crush him.
    Just wishing harm on people makes you look silly.

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Whoever drafts him better have one hell of a running game. Wait a minute....Minnesota's ain't too bad.

10. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

While I never like to say "it's never going to happen" at draft time,I just have to say "no way" to Manziel to Minnesota,it just doesn't fit.The Vikings were prepared to jettison Harvin for being a distraction,they cut Kluwe for being a distraction,why would they draft a bigger distraction then Harvin & Kluwe combined? He doesn't fit with what Norv likes to do Offensively,and with so many other QBs available who fit Norv's system and don't have the character issues I can't see Rick Spielman taking Manziel.

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yeah but for how long? Adrian Peterson has some major miles and a couple ACL's in his past. His running style isn't conducive to a long shelf life.

Aussie61 likes this.
  12. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I agree,and there are signs the new coaching staff also think the same.Vikings will look to address this in the draft.