Media Limit Per Post/Thread

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Apr 20, 2014.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

What is the media limit on the site per post/thread? Also what does the media entail? Video, images, video and images? Or more? I tried to post a long thread and got a message saying I was restricted to 5 media inserts into my thread.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

???

Never heard of such a thing...

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

must have been the NSA.

Walnuts likes this.
  4. SRW

Dunno, had a long winded post ready to go and I can't post it up because of the restriction. Oh well....

5. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Can you post it as 2 halves?

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Yep. I hate that. I get into a roll and start typing out a good post and then something happens and I either lose it or it is too large(never heard that before) to post. Then I can't remember what I typed.

Walnuts likes this.
  7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Can we get a site owner, admin, coder, forum monkey or someone to give a proper response to this

please and thanks

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I have no clue...by my previous response. I wouldn't even know how to go about it...lol.

9. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I will get Kurt to answer.

Thanks.

10. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Hey SRW, with regards to the media inserts, I went to the Admin panel and it says the maximum inserst is 7 not 5. I Will get Kurt to answer with more details. but this is what I have so far.

DaBears22 likes this.
  11. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Whatever the restriction is, it's the default, not anything I set up.

I'm digging around now and will fix it, for text length.

BUT - video and pic uploads to server will be limited the same as it is now. Hardrive space isn't free.

Thanks

12. Kurt

@SRW you had a post that was over 100,000 letters.. thats like 12,500 words.. I wish I could have seen it!!

I've knock the limit up to 150,000 letters - that is more than enough for a forum, magazine, novel, .. ya ya ya

Inserts have been bumped up to.. i think like 10 or 20 now

86WARD likes this.
  13. SRW

[​IMG]

Still getting this message when I go to submit a new thread. I am embedding some images (but they are hotliked from imgur) and some video (from YouTube and DailyMotion). I am not trying to save something on the server to post. I think what needs to be done is increase the maximum number of media embeds in Options -> Messages.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Try now?

15. Kurt

its way up there to like 30.. surly thats enough... if you still can't do it let me know and I'll try it myself and run a debug.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I switched it from 5 to 30...

Kurt likes this.