2014 NFL Draft: Why The Browns Should Take Value Over Need

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Stinson Browns, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Decisions made this offseason will be vital for the long-term future and success of the Cleveland Browns. While no games have been played under new general manager Ray Farmer and head coach Mike Pettine, the focus of the new regime this offseason has been very positive. The team brought in Karlos Dansby, Andrew Hawkins, Ben […]

Read the whole post here.

Aussie61 likes this.
  2. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

If one of the top rated OT is available at #4,they should take him.

markaz likes this.
  3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Agree. Unless it's Clowney, best available or not, the Browns should stay away from defense with their first pick. It's hard to quantify, but the signing of Dansby is going to have a far greater impact on their defense than just having an excellent ILB. Brownies need offensive help, but not a QB at #4. Quite a few damn good OT's in this draft and the Brownies should take one...best player available or not.

Aussie61 likes this.
  4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I thought most teams drafted by BPA. Drafting by need may work once in a while but mostly you will be doing the suck if that is your strategy. No wonder they have been sucking despite having top 10 picks since the creation of man.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Aussie61 likes this.
  6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They have Joe Thomas. They cant afford to take an RT at #4. IMO if the Texans take Clowney, the Browns need to be on the phone with the Rams to move up and take Bortles. If they cant, they should take Bridgewater or Manziel if they really do love him

7. Jihad Joe

8. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

This mock seems to be designed more for shock value than reality.Silva has Vikings taking Donald at #8 even though they got Linval Joseph in FA.If they take a DT at #8 Viking fans will be pissed.

9. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

IMO #2 is way too high for Bortles.The Browns invested in Mack and need to solidify an O line that gave up 49 sacks (3rd most) and couldn't open any running lanes.Joe Montana & Walter Payton would struggle behind that line.In a couple weeks all will be revealed.

10. Jihad Joe

Bortles could go #1

The Browns need intirior OL more then OTs. You dont take a player at #4 and play them at RT unless you plan on them being your LT in a few years. None of the OTs in this draft will be a better LT then Joe Thomas.

11. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

I like Bridgewater as a Pro prospect. He hangs tight in the pocket and can make the tough throws. If Bridgewater is there at #4, the Browns should take him. They could also get another reliable pass catcher for him to throw to with their other first round pick. I like the Browns' Draft position and they are looking good right now. I think main priority for them should be Offense.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Really...I don't think any of the QBs should be taken in the Top-10. Part of thismQB class, to me, has a Gabbert, Ponder, Locker type of feel to it...

Aussie61 likes this.