Donald Sterling, The Racist NBA Owner?

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Mike, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

An audio recording purportedly of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling making racist remarks to his girlfriend is being investigated by the NBA.

In the recording, the man believed to be Sterling questions his girlfriend, V. Stiviano, about her association with minorities. TMZ reports that Stiviano, who is black and Mexican, posted a picture of her with Magic Johnson on Instagram, a photo that has since been removed.

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people. Do you have to?" the man believed to be Sterling says. He continues, "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...ly-los-angeles-clippers-owner-donald-sterling

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He tells his girlfriend she can sleep with other dudes?

Jihad Joe likes this.
  3. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Yeah and they worry about race? I saw that and was like WTF?

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Something's fishy here.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I was stunned when I first heard his comments. How can someone who is surrounded by minorities and dating one be so racist? What a despicable man.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'd expect to see (hope to see, really) a mass exodus of current players from the Clippers this offseason, and them having problems getting guys to come in as well, for as long as Sterling remains the owner. I mean, money talks to a degree, but I'd hope that these guys have enough pride and self-respect to refuse to be employed by someone who hates them that much.

I don't believe he deserves punishment from the league, though - however awful his views may be, he's allowed to have them and it's not the leagues place to punish him for them. Let the entire team forcing trades and/or refusing to play be his punishment...

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

That was my thought too. He's dating a biracial woman, yet hates black people, yet lets his woman have s*x with them?

8. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Just by looking at his picture he looks like a nazi lol. Not funny though what he said, despicable.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Thought this was more of a story too...lol.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He likes to watch

12. LebaneseFF

This should not come as a surprise to anyone.

Donald Sterling has been put in the spotlight as a racist in the past.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/allege...nally-prompt-nba-investigation-174739406.html

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wasn't there a recent story about him using the n-word?

14. LebaneseFF

I don't know this is what I do know of this bigot

1.You guys remember Kim Hughes? The ex-coach, former assistant coach at the time. The guy needed surgery FOR CANCER. Sterling refused to cover the charges leaving the players to support the bill.
    2. He was fined because he told his team to tank! not sure which year but he was fined
    3. Early on when he bought the team, he forced a player who had surgery on the same day to PLAY a game. Look it up. Michael Brooks (they were still in SD)
    4. He once asked his coach Silas to be the team trainer because he didn't want to pay a trainer! SERIOUSLY?

He is just a disgrace, to the sport, to the fans, to the player, to the coaches and to the other respectable owners. HE NEEDS to gO

15. markaz

16. LebaneseFF

I am telling you he is an ass. I really dislike him

17. LebaneseFF

"If you are having s*x with a woman you are paying for, you always call her honey because you can't remember her name."

hAHYAHAH

At least he is funny

18. markaz

Funny or demented?

19. LebaneseFF

funny as in WTF, who he think he is

20. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

There's things you get when you're a rich pimp daddy like Sterling:

1. Young hot GF's
    2. Epic BS for everything you say and do..

And there's a couple things you get graces for when you are 80 plus years old.

1. you can tell your hot young GF not to show her ass in public with other guys (she obviously likes to hang with the bro's)
    2. you can be mad and pissed off at the world, because your time on earth is near completion

Who the F cares, let the guy live his damn life, freedom of speech too - what a waste of time..it better not bleed over into the NFL draft and take over sports center - no distractions please.

REALLY HAPPY TO BE AT WORK TODAY.. YAWN