Donald Sterling, The Racist NBA Owner?

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Mike, Apr 27, 2014.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

this has nothing to do with freedom of speech. zero. he wont be arrested so why is that brought up ? if he gets railroaded out its still not a freedom of speech issue.

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I hope the NBA does force this guy out but not for the crap he has told his GF.. Every radio station, sports center, forums, blogs etc are ranting over this crap and I think it just allows one guy to keep the racial tensions unduly high.

There are far more impacting items taking place in our world with a far reaching impact that are not being addressed or "glorified" in the media... sad.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

you are correct. there's far more important things to be discussed but the public would rather piss and moan through social media than debate things that actually impact us so the media runs with what gets them ratings.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

This is the most relevent the Clippers have ever been

Tarkus and Kurt like this.
  5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, i've heard a few people claiming freedom of speech with this and it makes no sense. the guy has not been arrested and that's the only thing the 1st amendment protects him from.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

People don't really know what freedom of speech really means. Most people think it means you can say whatever you want without repercussions from anyone.

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Charles Barkley said this is a black league

That doesnt help things

Kurt likes this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

What he said isn't punishable by law. Yet he is slandered and judged by all for a private discussion which was likely illegally recorded by his ex GF ..

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Slandered?

And who gives a freak if it's a private conversation or how it was recorded, does that somehow mean that what he said is any less reprehensible?

CaptainStubing likes this.
  10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

America's way of paralysis by analysis on trivial BS. How it's shocking to hear true racism from a guy that grew up in that era is laughable.

He'll be dead soon enough which is the definitive solution. Patience is a virtue...

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It's an invasion of privacy despite how awful of a person he is. I actually heard someone on the radio refer to this woman as "being brave for taking such a strong stand against racism". His g/f is just as big of a c**t as he is. His racism never bothered her for a minute until suddenly the money was going to stop coming her way.

Tarkus likes this.
  12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Yep...

Classic rationalization. People trampled an issue to get to the meatier, ratings heavy one. :p

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. CaptainStubing

agreed Tark. people are over-analyzing this thing to death. i've been doing a lot of flipping of channels and radio stations trying to avoid this topic and just get real sports news.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

this. seeing some people's reaction to this guy who is from a different era (no i'm not making a excuse for him) is over the top. kurt and tark are right that this is being made into something that it isnt.

plus the double standard that's out there anymore makes me sick. barkley has made racist comments more than once and he's still working. now just imagine if lets say barry melrose said something similar about hockey being a white sport. he'd be in the unemployment line before you could say hat trick.

TJ likes this.
  15. Steve12

I hate post tramps.

CaptainStubing likes this.
  16. CaptainStubing

me too

17. Steve12

I just turned sportscenter on for the first time in over a year, at least. I get about 5 minutes of highlights, mixed in with about 40 minutes of different people talking about sterling.

Now I remember why I stopped watching this bs.

18. CaptainStubing

and it seems to be every sports show on tv and radio. that's why i've been flipping around so much the last few days.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

even the local sports stations are focusing too much on this story IMO.

i know this guy is a problem but maybe you let the "real" news channels deal with this story and you stick to scores and highlights.

20. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

NBA Commish Adam Silver bans Donald Sterling from Clippers organization for Life